Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > DVD Video & Content

DVD Video & Content
TheGreatButcher
Senior User
Dec 17, 2004, 04:10 PM

Question - I have DVD video with menus and everything that I have set up in DVD Studio Pro, but I also want to include a folder that has a bunch of .jpg pictures in it for use on a computer as data (no, not as a slideshow in the DVD) - How do I do this?

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Dec 17, 2004, 04:34 PM

[Please be conscious of where you post in the future -- this was NOT a Mac OS X topic.]

Use DVD Studio Pro to create a disc image instead of burning. Then you can mount the disc image, copy whatever data you want to it, and then unmount the image. Then use Disk Utility or Toast to burn the image to disc.

tooki

TheGreatButcher  (op)
Senior User
Dec 17, 2004, 04:38 PM

Never burned a disc image with DVD Studio Pro, only with Toast. How do I do it?

banninated68
Banned
Dec 17, 2004, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by TheGreatButcher:
He didn't say to do that. Reread what was said. he said CREATE A DISK IMAGE with dvd studio pro...... go from there. G'luck!

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Dec 17, 2004, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by TheGreatButcher:
You'll have to figure that out on your own, or someone else can answer. I've only ever used DVDSP one time, for 30 minutes, when helping someone with her project, and that was six months ago. All I remember is that she needed to burn 10 copies of her project, and so I had DVDSP save the disc image, rather than re-creating it for every burn. It wasn't hard, the disc image option was obvious enough that I found it instantly.

tooki

TheGreatButcher  (op)
Senior User
Dec 17, 2004, 06:21 PM

Thanks tooki

spork
Dec 27, 2004, 04:56 PM

after creating you audio and video ts files, using DVDSP, they can be burned to a DVD, using toast, and other folders of, say photos, can be included. the dvd player ignores them when recoznizing the DVD, especially if you recorded as UDF dvd, in the data section, and created a new disc for the dvd. then just add another folder of photos, should work.

12"133 pbook
533 dual g4

Forum Links
Forum Rules