Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Office 2004 font corruption?

Office 2004 font corruption?
rlorenc
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 10, 2005, 04:52 PM

Has anyone else experienced this problem: upon the launch of any MS Office 2004 app and during the final part of the splash screen sequence, dialog boxes appear (on my dual 2.5 G5 with 1.5 GB RAM and Tiger 10.4.1), informing me that all of the fonts from Geeza Pro through Helvetica Oblique. Individual boxes come up informing me of each font and they can either be dismissed individually ("OK") or by holding down Option and dismissing them all at once. I think that the problem is with the fonts that were installed by Office 2004, but I'm not 100% sure as I have many, many more fonts installed on my machine--they are being managed by Suitcase XI. After a fresh install and preference file purge, the Office suite worked well...for a while, and now the same behavior is occuring.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules