Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Who bought the new powerbook at a university?

Who bought the new powerbook at a university?
Rinpoche
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2002, 03:56 AM

I purchased my powerbook w/superdrive at a local community college and I'm wondering if theres anyone out there who also bought their powerbook at a college/university and have already received it? How many days since you first made the order? I hope Apple thinks about the students and sends those things quick! This is driving me nuts

sproutsie
Nov 25, 2002, 09:59 AM

not to be depressing, but the reason why i didn't get my last computer (a 667 tibook) through my school was because it took so long for the one before that (my wallstreet) to arrive. and before that my 5300c pb took forever from my previous school. so i've been going through the online apple education store. this isn't always all that snappy, either, but at least i can sort of track what is going on, whereas at my school, no one had any clue. "uh, yeah, uh....it'll get here....sometime...."

i hope yours comes soon, and maybe things have changed since the days of the wallstreet, but it definitely seemed then like school stores were at the bottom of the list.....

-susan
I began casting around desperately for some kind of weapon- maybe an Italian tank with one gun in front and three in the rear in case of retreat, or a huge bush-hog.
-H.S. Thompson

cube-dude
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 25, 2002, 10:13 AM

Originally posted by sproutsie:
i hope yours comes soon, and maybe things have changed since the days of the wallstreet, but it definitely seemed then like school stores were at the bottom of the list
Mmm, dunno. As a university administrator, I ordered my 1 GHz SuperDrive TiBook from the campus computer store the day it debuted, November 6, and have been since quoted an estimated delivery date of December 10.

However, for me the wait is worth it: I get to defer the payments, interest-free, out of my paycheck over the course of the next year. Frankly, as long as I have it before the winter recess I'll be very happy.

MP 2 x 2.8 and etc.

Rinpoche  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2002, 03:38 PM

Screw this! The guy calls me up to tell me my computer should arrive around the 28th of december?!? To hell with that I'm getting a refund and getting my powerbook at the applestore! woo hoo! I get to play with it in a few hours!!!!

lokjah
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 25, 2002, 05:20 PM

i ordered mine from my old university on the 6th and havent got it yet, i called the school on friday and they said they anticipated it this week. stinks to wait but ive waited this long and dont have any pressing deadlines for it. otherwise, i'd have cancelled the order a couple weeks ago and went for smalldog.

would love to have it this week tho.

l�k
iron sharpens iron

Forum Links
Forum Rules