Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I'm calling Bullplop on this!

I'm calling Bullplop on this!
mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2007, 12:10 AM

This rumor comes from someone who I trust and respect very much when it comes to these matters as he does work in the biz (My boss).

However, I don't know where he got this rumor from, and I just can't fathom it's true. I've searched the web to see if I could find any chatter of this, and I've come up dry, so I want to know if anyone here has heard of any such thing

Essentially he heard somewhere that Microsoft is suing Apple over the phone. As he understands it, the guy who designed the iPhone is a former Micosoft employee who (Obviously) now works for Apple. Apperently, a lot of the new technology has already been pattended by MS.

As much as I respect the guy, I'm calling BULLPLOP on my boss.

1st: Steve stated that they (Apple) have already hold the patents for the technology.

2nd: This device has only been rumored for the past 3 years, Some how I doubt MS is/was completely clueless about this enough not to say something.

3rd: Apple would not be stupid enough to steal someone elses technology. If they were, it would make them the biggest hipocrites on the planet.

So, I would like to know two things:

- Has anyone eles heard of this rumor

and

-Do you think this rumor could be true?
iGeek

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2007, 12:22 AM

Yay! Yet another iPhone thread! w00t!

Bump +1.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2007, 12:53 AM

I don't know about Microsoft suing Apple, IMO Microsoft is in attack mode because the iPhone caught them off guard.
On a similar note, I'm surprised that Dell hasn't announced their iPhone abomination.

Anyway, where's that "Yet Another iPhone thread" pic when you need it.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2007, 01:02 AM

You can not secretly sue somebody. I'm sure the press would be all over it if it had already happened.

-t

Railroader
Banned
Jan 20, 2007, 01:06 AM

I give up. I am NOT placing this in the thread in the feedback forum.

You guys win.

Happy?!?!

mac-at-kearsarge  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2007, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
You can not secretly sue somebody. I'm sure the press would be all over it if it had already happened.

-t
I had the same thought. When I asked my boss directly about this, I got the response: " Well that's because it hasn't been released yet.".

My apoligies for the new thread (DH - I'm blaming it on the sangria!) but I felt that this was unique enough to warrent one. Besides, this isn't about the iPhones technical specifications or usage, But just to satisfy the first few posters, I throw this in for you:

*Hang in there guys, the iPhone craziness will settle down eventually. Take a deep breath and we'll get through this toghether (Even though I'm not helping) *
( Last edited by mac-at-kearsarge; Jan 20, 2007 at 01:59 AM. )
iGeek

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 20, 2007, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by mac-at-kearsarge View Post
I had the same thought. When I asked my boss directly about this, I got the response: " Well that's because it hasn't been released yet.".

My apoligies for the new thread (DH - I'm blaming it on the sangria!) but I felt that this was unique enough to warrent one. Besides, this isn't about the iPhones technical specifications or usage, But just to satisfy the first few posters, I though this in for you:

http://kefka.ag.iastate.edu/iphoneopinion.jpg

*Hang in there guys, the iPhone craziness will settle down eventually. Take a deep breath and we'll get through this toghether (Even though I'm not helping) *
I will forgive you for stealing my picture only because it's so darn appropriate.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2007, 01:39 AM

I'm starting to think this whole iPhone thing is a fraud.
Nothing can look that good.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Forum Links
Forum Rules