Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Rue Ste Catherine in Montreal, oh how I love thee

Rue Ste Catherine in Montreal, oh how I love thee
mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2007, 02:05 AM

This past week marked a few major miles stones for me.

To start off it was the first time I have officially traveled internationally. Despite living less then a two hour fromt he border by car, I had never been up to Canadia (Yes, I did just call it Canadia!).

The reason for the trip was to celebrate one of my friends recent engagments. Since he's not getting married til 8/8/08 (<--US Date format), we refered to this event as a "practice bachelors party".

The second milestone for me was going to a strip club. Before you all start going "So what, big whoop", let me explain.

To put it simply, I am 25, and am an absolute, total and complete virgin. Using the old analogy of a game of baseball; I wasn't at the plate waiting to swing, I wasn't in the stands waiting my chance to play, I was out in the parking lot, hoping to be let in!

Part of it was my own choosing. I'm not terribly religous, but as a mature person at a young age, I decided when I was around 12, I would not have sex until I was out of high school, then I would let nature take over.

Well long story short, I not only met the goal, I exceeded beyond my wildest expectations (I never thought I would actaully make the original goal). I've been waiting 7 years for nature to do what it does best, but nothing (Not even a hand massage through the pants all these years!). Needless to say, waiting sucks..

I've tried to meet girls, but socially I'm very uncomfortable around them when I have "it" on my mind (and like any normal healthy guy, when don't I?).

At around 1:20AM this past Monday, I was finally allowed onto the field. Grant I had to pay for the privalidge and there wasn't an actual game going on, but after standing in the parking lot all these years, and to be standing at 3rd base, was amazing. This really surprised me becuase this was supposed to be a non contact place (I think one of my friends I was with tipped her off to my long absence). Keep in mind, it's to my understanding most people get to that point in the game when they're around 13, so I was about 12 years late with this!

Since doing that I've been happier, more energetic, and fantastic in general. Furthermore, I no longer feel so awkward around the fairer sex. That, I am of course hoping, will mean I will finally meet someone who I can score a home run with without paying for it (My morales won't let me do that).

So wish me luck in finding a good team mate who I can sign a contract for life with, then I can play the game almost anytime I want (except when there's a headache )
iGeek

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2007, 04:16 AM

Maybe I didn't read it carefully enough, are you trying to tell us that you let a woman at a strip club take your v-card?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Mar 31, 2007, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by iMOTOR View Post
Maybe I didn't read it carefully enough, are you trying to tell us that you let a woman at a strip club take your v-card?
Touchy canoodles action, if I read correctly. So no v-card removal.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Mar 31, 2007, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by mac-at-kearsarge View Post
8/8/08 (<--US Date format)

Since doing that I've been happier, more energetic, and fantastic in general. Furthermore, I no longer feel so awkward around the fairer sex. That, I am of course hoping, will mean I will finally meet someone who I can score a home run with without paying for it (My morales won't let me do that).
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2007, 09:13 AM

Rue Ste Catherine in Montreal, oh how I love thee

At around 1:20AM this past Monday, I was finally allowed onto the field. Grant I had to pay for the privalidge and there wasn't an actual game going on, but after standing in the parking lot all these years, and to be standing at 3rd base, was amazing.
So funny I was wiping away tears. Ahhhhhh, MacNN, sometimes thou art golden.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

design219
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2007, 12:14 PM

almost anytime I want (except when there's a headache)
Ok, let us married guys set you straight about this point. Headaches are a lot more common once you are hitched. And a headache is not the only thing to put you on the bench (to continue your baseball metaphor).

Marriage is a great thing, but it's about a lot more that sex. If that's all you want out of it, you're better off just to keep paying for it. Well, actually, you pay for it either way.

Best wishes.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2007, 12:25 PM

Yeah, I always get a kick out of people thinking sex increases after marriage.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2007, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
Touchy canoodles action, if I read correctly. So no v-card removal.
So let me get this straight, he wrote several paragraphs about how he's a virgin and stuff just to reveal that for the first time in 25 years, he's finally let a woman touch him nicely?

Needless to say, waiting sucks..
Indeed it does, but look on the bright side, you'll never have an awkward moment at the supermarket when you see the person you shtupt last week in line with her boyfriend, never worry about stds, have a clear conscience that you didn't f*** someone who said they were legal but wasn't, and best of all, no one is preggers cuz the condom "broke".

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2007, 01:09 AM

Next time I recommend going to Hull, Quebec. Because I spent some time in Hull, Quebec. A couple weeks on a job site, one time. One street over from the Ballet™. And there were no holds barred at that place, trust me.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

design219
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2007, 12:13 PM

Uhmmm,

Anyone else have recommendations?

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

Forum Links
Forum Rules