Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Steve Ballmer to inaugurate M$ Innovation Center in Kuwait

Steve Ballmer to inaugurate M$ Innovation Center in Kuwait
aljawad
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2007, 12:13 PM

Its reported that Steve Ballmer, Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft Corporation will visit Kuwait briefly on April 25 to inaugurate the MS Innovation Center in the country. The center is located on the premises of the main campus of the Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR).

I’ve posted a few pictures taken today of the activities taking place inside and outside the building where the center will occupy parts of the first floor (sorry about the quality of the mobile phone picture).

As an avid Mac user, I’m frustrated with the status of the Macintosh version of MS Office in comparison its PC sibling The software suite still does not have native support for “right to left” languages like Arabic and Hebrew. I think when he arrives I’ll strut around with my MBP + iPods, paste some Apple stickers along with some anti-MS slogans ("Zune sux!") at the door - and I'll bring some eggs!

mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Apr 24, 2007, 01:20 PM

I reguards to Ballmer opening a "Innovation Center" in the middle East... of this is going to go over REAL well.

We can omly hope he'll do the rabid crazed monkey entrance again.
iGeek

Y3a
Mac Elite
Apr 24, 2007, 02:47 PM

I'm sure they will focus on Vista Tech Support over the phone.

aljawad  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 26, 2007, 07:45 PM

I have posted pictures of the event.

I chatted briefly with him, introducing myself as "an Apple & Microsoft user for almost 3 decades", to which he replied: "I appreciate it!"
I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
Some letter of that After-life to spell:
And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
And answer'd "I Myself am Heav'n and Hell."

PB2K
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2007, 03:22 AM

what's he like? he seems like an arrogant stressed man to me
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

macintologist
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2007, 06:48 PM

He drove a Chevy SIlverado atrocious beast there when he could have driven a Rolls Royce Phantom?!?!?!?!?!?

aljawad  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2007, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by PB2K View Post
what's he like? he seems like an arrogant stressed man to me
You know, something did occur when he was interviewed by the lady reporter from Al-Arabiya TV. It started out fine until she asked him something that changed his demeanor. He replied sharply: "we didn't discuss that", and moved away. He just turned his head away from her and walked away, leaving her with an embarrassed look on her face

aljawad  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2007, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by macintologist View Post
He drove a Chevy SIlverado atrocious beast there when he could have driven a Rolls Royce Phantom?!?!?!?!?!?
That must be due to safety regulations, and it was probably from the US Embassy. He arrived in a BMW that was part of an entourage which included a couple of SUVs. Two guys in suits clearly were security attachments - one of them identified himself as " '...' from the US Embassy", you see him in the very last picture wearing sunglasses. Along with him was a big fellow who didn’t talk, but his eyes missed nothing. In case some weirdo might try something, the car is a common one and it attracts no attention.

macintologist
Professional Poster
Apr 30, 2007, 02:01 AM

If I was a billionare you couldn't pay me to ride in a Chevy or any American car for that matter

Kevin
Baninated
Apr 30, 2007, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by macintologist View Post
If I was a billionare you couldn't pay me to ride in a Chevy or any American car for that matter
That says more about you...

Forum Links
Forum Rules