Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > "Unexpected Open Transport" (won't dialup)"

"Unexpected Open Transport" (won't dialup)"
welderpm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2004, 03:18 PM

Hello, I've got an 350Mhz imac running OS9.0 using a dialup account. When I use remote access to dial up I immediately get a box that says: An unexpected Open Transport error occurred. Both Apple's and Earthlink's help sites say to re-install the internal modem software from the Mac OS CD. I have done that with the same result. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling internet access and apple remote access. Same result. Tried a clean install of OS9.0, same result. Any ideas? Thankyou, Patrick

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Sep 26, 2004, 03:56 AM

Hmmm. If you say you've gone to the trouble of reinstalling all of those individual components, you may as well do a clean install of the OS. When you're using a fresh copy, you'll be able to determine with absolute certainty whether you're dealing with a software or a hardware issue. Does the modem do anything at all, like dial-up, before you get the error? Because it may just be a problem with the modem.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

welderpm  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2004, 11:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Big Mac:
[B]Hmmm. If you say you've gone to the trouble of reinstalling all of those individual components, you may as well do a clean install of the OS. When you're using a fresh copy, you'll be able to determine with absolute certainty whether you're dealing with a software or a hardware issue. Does the modem do anything at all, like dial-up, before you get the error? Because it may just be a problem with the modem.

The error message is immediate, no modem attempt at all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules