Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > iPod headphone foam covers

iPod headphone foam covers
Maneki Neko
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 31, 2003, 02:59 PM

I have this amazing ability to lose the foam covers that come with my ipod headphones.

Any way I can get more of them? I've been looking around, and haven't found anyone just selling new foam covers.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2003, 04:04 PM

Radio Shack carries black ones. Not as pretty, but they work.

At least they do in the here in the lower 48. They may have been diplaced in favor of Polar Bear repellant up there.

I'm not serious about that Polar Bear thing.

Maneki Neko  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 31, 2003, 04:14 PM

Originally posted by Paco500:
Radio Shack carries black ones. Not as pretty, but they work.

At least they do in the here in the lower 48. They may have been diplaced in favor of Polar Bear repellant up there.

I'm not serious about that Polar Bear thing.
Thanks, the Radio Shacks up here are generally pretty terrible (maybe they're terrible everywhere?), but I'll go take a look.

tarkap
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2003, 05:32 PM

If you have any 'Dollar stores' where everything is one dollar, go take a look there. While I was visiting my parents, I found some really cheap headphones that came with 4 black foam thingies for $1. I bought a bunch of them since I tend to lose the foam thingies too. Before I bought these, I did buy a 4pk from Radio Shack and they sucked. They fell off easy and didn't seem to work as well as these dirt cheap ones from the dollar store And the RS ones were $1.79 for 4 foams, no spare headphones!

I haven't found anywhere that sells the grayish ones though.

Good luck,

tarkap

clarkgoble
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2003, 06:17 PM

I just gave up and wear them without the foam. I clean my ears regularly so I don't think I need worry about damaging the speaker.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2003, 06:54 PM

lol same thing here clark.

I suppose you can ask apple for another 4 pack too but chances are they'll be greedy and try to charge you $20 geez.

Meh just use em naked. My ears are really clean and they slip outta my ears with or without the covers lol
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

Forum Links
Forum Rules