Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > need bluetooth advice in Costa Rica

need bluetooth advice in Costa Rica
tamaroy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 11:45 AM

I'll be heading to florida soon to do some shopping and hope to pick up a new 12" iBook with bluetooth from an Apple Store. Is this a BTO only feature or does anyone think this could be a possible off the shelf or store installed feature? BTO is not a good option for me as I only need BT and some extra ram. I would appreciate it if anyone can get me some direct feedback from an Apple Store.

TIA

Dlatu1983
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 12:34 PM

I believe it's BTO only. Which apple store are you considering? My local one (The Falls) is beautiful.

tamaroy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 02:38 PM

Thanks. Yes, that's the store I plan to visit. Very excited because I've never been to an Apple store.

Can I ask a huge favor? Maybe you can call and see if there is any possibility they will stock a bluetooth iBook. I know that at this moment it is a BTO option but you never know unless you ask. Thanks a million.

I was all set to get the 12" PB but then the iBook was announced and it is a much better solution for me if I could just sneak in that BT feature.

Originally posted by Dlatu1983:
I believe it's BTO only. Which apple store are you considering? My local one (The Falls) is beautiful.

Dlatu1983
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 02:56 PM

I've got a pretty good rapport going with the manager and employees...IM me, and let me know what you need, and I'll ask tonight @ the panther release

Mallrat
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2003, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by tamaroy:
Thanks. Yes, that's the store I plan to visit. Very excited because I've never been to an Apple store.

Can I ask a huge favor? Maybe you can call and see if there is any possibility they will stock a bluetooth iBook. I know that at this moment it is a BTO option but you never know unless you ask. Thanks a million.

I was all set to get the 12" PB but then the iBook was announced and it is a much better solution for me if I could just sneak in that BT feature.
At the NYC store they said the only option you can do is install memory, other than that they are base models.

I too think having bluetooth only through their online store is just wrong. I dont like it.

Either build it in, or make it so you can buy it like airport. Better yet, make a BT/airport card.

I assume they do it that way, so you order through them to make more money.

It would be cool if the apple store actually had different configs to order off the shelf, would be good for business.

Forum Links
Forum Rules