Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Who wants a Powerbook G4?

Who wants a Powerbook G4?
Powerbook G4 User
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2001, 01:01 AM

I'm sorry if I'm not suppose ot be posting this type of messages. If I'm not, just tell me thanks!

Does anyone want to buy a powerbook g4? Or even better, trade a pismo 500 for my powerbook g4 500 (you would have to add other items too of course). I also have an extra battery and an extra AC adapter to go along with this. I have all the packaging in mint condition (some things aren't even opened yet).

I got the powerbook 3/7/01 and its in perfect condition with no bad pixels. It has a 20 gig HD and Airport installed. The reason I am thinking of getting rid of it is 1) I want a cdrw built in (available for pismo), 2) dual-batteries would be nice, and 3) I don't like the silver/silver-white coloring, 4) I could use more money, and 5) buying a pismo now means I can buy a later revision g4 later .

Everything works fine except a few things I noticed...

- dvds make a funny sound when they are inserted... I would send it back to Apple. They eject and mount normally.
- at its darkest setting, it is much darker than lombard or pismo BUT at its brightest setting, it is BRIGHTER.
- the HD is louder than an IBM drive (its toshiba). Its not really *loud*, but compared to my Lombard its noticeably louder

other than that everything seems great. I can take pictures if you want them, I want to be as honest about everything as I can because I feel uncomfortable myself buying a used Powerbook G3.

Since I don't want to be flamed (I don't know if this post offends people) I won't put my contact information unless there is interest for this. I am not trying to make a profit, I will trade this for exactly what I paid for, maybe even less. Thanks!

mr_sonicblue
Mac Elite
Mar 8, 2001, 01:06 AM

I htink this should go in the Buy/Sell Forum.

------------------
"Choo-choo, and that is the truth."

Bugs Bunny
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 8, 2001, 02:11 AM

I'd put that sucker on eBay, probably get way more than you paid for it

------------------

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Mar 8, 2001, 05:34 AM

moving to buy/sell...
dave

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Mar 8, 2001, 05:38 AM

Hi, Are you in Lexington, MA or KY? I would be very interested in a swap of a Pismo 500 fot the TiBook... i am in Boston... I would have emailed you, but you do not have on in your profile... please email me and we can talk...
thanks
dave

malson
Senior User
Mar 8, 2001, 07:22 AM

Originally posted by Powerbook G4 User:
I'm sorry if I'm not suppose ot be posting...
[Flamethrower To Toast] Good lord...I've read this long-a$$ post 4 times already. PBG4 User, I think most people on these boards are literate enough to read it once and get the point. Please stop cross-posting to EVERY other topic that mentions a PBG3. [Cease Flamethrower Operation]

------------------
Rip, Mix and Burn This!
Yeah, about those TPS reports, didn't you get the memo?
--------------
2.3 Ghz Dual-Core G5/20" LCD/Life is Good!
Moo...

Powerbook G4 User  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2001, 07:58 AM

I'm sorry about cross-posting. I posted the message where I thought it would be helpful (other people were selling pismo 500s). I'm not trying to be an ass about it, to those who have the power, you can delete what you think is inappropriate. I put the other messages in the buy/sell forum.

mike_cube
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2001, 12:19 PM

i sent you some email, lets do a trade.

Forum Links
Forum Rules