Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > dude will blow up his G4...

dude will blow up his G4... (Page 2)
Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 8, 2005, 07:16 AM

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Aug 8, 2005, 07:22 AM

Sure, some species were meant to be slaughtered and eaten.

LOOK at the Wild. Every species is put here to be eaten by one or another... Humans are not the only ones doing the eating.. BTW: We are eaten as well. (Sharks, Tigers, Bears, Crocs) Make them go vege first...

It's called a food chain. Deal with it.

A human CAN live comfortably without having to eat meat. Have you ever met a vegetarian? They are downright wrong in the head militant... if that is what I'd become if going veg, forget it. I think the lack of Iron in the diet does something to you people...

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 8, 2005, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by deermatt
That has to be the most idiotic statement i have ever heard. This is the last im going to write on this subject, but no species was put on this earth to be slaughtered and eaten. Each animal has a family, emotions , feelings, and other humanly reactions just like any of us.
This is true, but considering all the animals around depend on another animal to survive, I'd argue that all animals are ultimately edible. Ever heard of the 'food chain'?

OogaBooga
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2005, 09:43 AM

deermatt,

Yes, there is a food chain, and yes we are part of it. We are still animals after all.

deermatt
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2005, 09:48 AM

humans are much more evolved than animals.Some animals to have to kill to survive, were not that savage, humans are choosing to. But not all animals need to kill to survive either. Cows, Giraffes, rabbits, and so on do not kill and eat meat .

Buster101: all vegitarians are wrong in the head militant? and have a lack of iron in their system? I havent eaten meat, seafood, eggs, or milk in about 5 years now, and i was just in the doctor about a week ago and got a full range of tests , and i passed with flying colors and im completely healthy. The only people that say you need meat to be healthy are people in the cattle industry, or people that heard it from someone else and dont have the time to research it. The main thing you dont get from not eating meat is the B12 , which helps your blood, but B12 can also be found in some vegitables, OR a daily vitamin. Please research before you speak.
photography is beautiful

budster101
Baninated
Aug 8, 2005, 10:29 AM

Every vegetarian I have ever met looked sickly, (Pale) or had other problems.... I've met quite a few. Do you crave chocolate by they way? I bet you do... it's something in chocolate that vegetarians are lacking in their diet, but I can't place my finger on it.....

Yeah, a vitamin is what we were meant to take to get our nutrients. You've defeated your own argument, and I have done research, and this isn't an audio forum so I didn't speak, I wrote it.

Louie Mantia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 8, 2005, 10:39 AM

Someone mentioned raffle it off..
he could have done that! Charge 1,000 people $5 to enter... or charge 5,000 people $1 to enter...

// Lou

budster101
Baninated
Aug 8, 2005, 10:52 AM

Or he could charge $20 each for 250 people.... in which case he may make more money...the trick is picking the right price-point so that you get your goal and then some maybe, but not less.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 8, 2005, 10:52 AM

Or he could charge $20 each for 250 people.... in which case he may make more money...the trick is picking the right price-point so that you get your goal and then some maybe, but not less.

No Time 4 Love Dr. Jones
Forum Regular
Aug 8, 2005, 11:25 AM

Don't forget that in order to get the land needed to plant all the vegetables necessary to sustain a vegetarian diet, some animals were most likely displaced and eventually died due to their natural homes being subverted in favor of crops.

Of course, I'm biased...I'm eating beef jerky right now.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 8, 2005, 11:37 AM

I just had some Dinty Moore (sp) stew... yummy. It had carrots, and potatoes and oh yes, MEAT....

Yummmmy.

Todd Madson
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2005, 03:41 PM

He should raffle it off. That's actually a better idea since he'd get a fair amount of money for it
if he maxed it out.

Speaking of vegetarians: http://www.bloodyveg.com/
It's a podcast my friends created that is entertaining. I'm not a vegetarian but they are.

Link
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2005, 03:45 PM

It should be said, I don't think he's gotten a single cent since this thread was posted LOL
Aloha

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 8, 2005, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by deermatt
humans are much more evolved than animals.Some animals to have to kill to survive, were not that savage, humans are choosing to. But not all animals need to kill to survive either. Cows, Giraffes, rabbits, and so on do not kill and eat meat .
They are also herbivores. Open your mouth. See the teeth next to your 4 central incisors? Those are called canines, and they are not only the strongest rooted tooth (have the longest root), they're also ONLY found in animals that eat meat. Either carnivores or omnivores. Meat is part of a healthy diet.

villalobos
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2005, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by suvsr4terrorists
They are also herbivores. Open your mouth. See the teeth next to your 4 central incisors? Those are called canines, and they are not only the strongest rooted tooth (have the longest root), they're also ONLY found in animals that eat meat. Either carnivores or omnivores. Meat is part of a healthy diet.
But there is no doubt that most people in western countries eat way too much and not enough of the rest.
Once a day is probably enough for a healthy diet (and I am talking quarter pound of meat at the most).

TiggerToo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2005, 08:09 PM

!!

Is this a powermac discussion, an animal rights discussion or a your average day on an internet message board?

utterly bizarre, you should go shake the guy awake who's menus don't work properly in tiger!

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2005, 08:32 PM

pretty funny - hope he gets his G5

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

OogaBooga
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2005, 09:28 PM

Our brains may be civilized enough not to kill animals for food, but in reality our body still thinks and operates like it's in the stone age.

For millions of years our bodies have evolved to eat and digest meat. This is actually how we became so smart, and why other primates aren't so intelligent. The protein and other vitamins/minerals have benefitted our brain tremendously over the years. Don't you think it's a bad for you to suddenly stop now?

budster101
Baninated
Aug 9, 2005, 09:39 PM

I'm not messing with perfection... I'm going to keep on eating meat.

air
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 10, 2005, 12:02 AM

I like how toby gets another year+ to live. its all BS.

Todd Madson
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2005, 11:02 AM

My G5 tower would definetely be a meat eater. It's too big, strong and heavy to be anything else.
Now a new iBook, those things weigh four pounds - definetely vegetarians.

kick52
Baninated
Aug 10, 2005, 11:02 AM

WTF!?!?
This thread has got WAY off-topic. Why the f*** does he want to blow up his G4 when he could sell it to make money for the G5? (Or do something else with it?)
Anyway, I think that "savetoby" site is sick. (But I am only speaking my opinion)

I think we should all take a coffee break. It looks like your on a PC forum.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 10, 2005, 11:50 AM

He's not going to blow up his computer. He'll probably gut it for the parts, sell them off, and blow up the shell. He's just another idiot who has no clue what other's go through to get their equipment, because he's STUPID and got it too easy himself. Credit.

The Toby Site is fake too. There is no way he's going to eat that little bunny. I would though, but not for some sick ransom. He can't get money, they shut his account down.

I agree. Pass the coffee. Let's take a break. Cream and Sugar, hold the rabbit.

nick0065  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2005, 02:01 PM

wow, that seems a bit presumptuous to me.... unless you personally know these guys? i understand that i am one of the few on this board that found the video amusing but i don't think that based on what you see on the site that you can peg him as stupid, or know what his plan is to do with the G4... i donated to the guy because i think he is going to blow it up and i found his video presentation amusing. i might be wrong. what i do know is that this thread has been going on for quite some time now because at the very least, it is entertaining and pushes some buttons. both sites do. so in my opinion i don't think that either site is owned by someone stupid. in fact i'm kind of jealous that i didn't think of it first.

(I know what a pain it is to get a computer... i'm still paying off my powerbook)

anyway, that's my two cents. my opinion which stinks like everyone elses.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 10, 2005, 02:17 PM

You are JEALOUS that you didn't think of this idiotic waste of a good computer?

Auction it off was one suggestion. Go back and read the thread. He's an idiot and it's easily deducted.

NeoEsper
Aug 10, 2005, 04:19 PM

Agree the guy is a dumbass that should get off his lazy ass and get a job. The reason why he can't get a new G5 is because he is a piss poor video editor that no company would like to hire. He should really quit and find a new profession since a G5 will not make him any better.
Instead of donating to him why not donate to other people that are starving in third world countries.

By the way I like to eat things that are made from meat because meat is very tasty and good. What good is stew without some meat? Why have a just a salad when you can have a chicken salad. How can you have BBQ without some meat? What good are mashed potatoes without the meatloaf, roast beef and turkey. In conclusion meat is very tasty and good, and if I get recanted as a rabbit I will become a meat eating rabbit

nick0065  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2005, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
You are JEALOUS that you didn't think of this idiotic waste of a good computer?

Auction it off was one suggestion. Go back and read the thread. He's an idiot and it's easily deducted.

i have read the thread. and perhaps auctioning the computer would be a good idea--although out of curiosity to continue to play devil's advocate i just did a search on ebay and it appears g4 desktop computers are going for about 300 bucks.

ApplCmptrDood
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2005, 01:46 PM

I don't think he should blow it up; he should sell his G4... And he should get the cheapest display and powermac out there... I am in need of an Apple 20 Inch Cinema display though, and i'm running on a crappy CRT... any takers? .25 c that's all i need from a lot of people (if this is against forum rules tell me)
Apparently, I'm a sig violator. I feel honored. Oops.

nick0065  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2006, 04:37 PM

stupid or not, he got his g5...

http://www.helpmegetag5.com/movie.htm

well worth the cost of admission, i say.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 25, 2006, 05:32 PM

The video was well done.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2006, 10:51 PM

I hope he pulled the RAM, the HD, etc. before doing that, but yeah, it was well done. I got a good laugh.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

xe0
Forum Regular
Apr 26, 2006, 06:09 AM

lol.. farkwits
The video was well done at least. Shame about waste of a fine Mac however.

Ilgaz
Apr 26, 2006, 01:42 PM

If I showed that moron guy how many servers still run G4 happily serving thousands or how many home servers run g4 acting like a distribution point/ home automation...

He would shoot me too..

I am not even getting into public school donation.

Madrag
Senior User
Apr 26, 2006, 05:37 PM

waste...

Forum Links
Forum Rules