Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Alice and Aliens vs Predator

Alice and Aliens vs Predator
megasad
Grizzled Veteran
May 29, 2006, 09:06 AM

I should be getting my 2GHz MacBook sometime this coming week and I was just wondering if anyone had tried to play the Mac versions of American McGee's Alice and/or Aliens vs. Predator on theirs.

I'll have 2GB RAM in there, and these are pretty dang old games, so I figure they should run okay. But if anyone knows for sure, please say.
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
May 29, 2006, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by megasad
I should be getting my 2GHz MacBook sometime this coming week and I was just wondering if anyone had tried to play the Mac versions of American McGee's Alice and/or Aliens vs. Predator on theirs.

I'll have 2GB RAM in there, and these are pretty dang old games, so I figure they should run okay. But if anyone knows for sure, please say.
Alice was a Quake 3-based engine and should run well.
Alien vs Predator should fly.

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
May 29, 2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Horsepoo!!!
Alice was a Quake 3-based engine and should run well.
Alien vs Predator should fly.
Wait a minute there Horsepoo!!!...was Alice or AvsP ever ported to OS X? I think not.

megasad  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 29, 2006, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Horsepoo!!!
Wait a minute there Horsepoo!!!...was Alice or AvsP ever ported to OS X? I think not.
They certainly were; I've played them both on my current machine (1.25GHz eMac, 10.4.6) since I got it two years ago. Both simply require that you download the latest update. Alice update and AvP update.

And thank you to Horsepoo!!! for the confirmation.
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
May 29, 2006, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by megasad
They certainly were; I've played them both on my current machine (1.25GHz eMac, 10.4.6) since I got it two years ago. Both simply require that you download the latest update. Alice update and AvP update.

And thank you to Horsepoo!!! for the confirmation.
Whoa...cool. Well since these games are old, they should play fine on your MacBook...and by fine I mean 45fps+.

Forum Links
Forum Rules