Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac G5 posters...revisited

View Poll Results: Which iMac G5 (iSight) poster design below do you like the best?
Poll Options:
Poster #1 (white background, angled system with Front Row) 8 votes (72.73%)
Poster #2 (gray background, face-on systems with Front Row & iChat) 1 votes (9.09%)
Poster #3 (gray background, angled system with Front Row, no reflection on table) 2 votes (18.18%)
I can do better...see below for suggestions! 0 votes (0%)
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll
iMac G5 posters...revisited
dpfenninger
Forum Regular
Jul 26, 2006, 09:49 AM

A while back (over a year ago, actually), after I had purchased my first iMac G5, I was looking for a poster of the system to frame in my office. I have posters of my previous Macs, but not the iMac G5. In another forum, I found a photo of a user who had one from some promotional materials he had gotten from Apple. But alas, Apple never made them officially available, and they seem to be very rare.

To make a long story short, I now have the last revision of the G5 iMac series, the iMac G5 (iSight). Yesterday, feeling rather Photoshop-happy, I decided to create my own, based primarily on the picture of the official poster I saw in the other forum. Below are the three designs I came up with. Now it's just a matter of deciding which one to have printed and framed. This is where you come in...

Please take a few seconds and vote for your favorite design. If you have any ideas to improve one or all of them, you can let me know that as well. Keep in mind that the finished poster will be 22x28 inches.

Thanks!

Poster #1:

Poster #2:

Poster #3:
( Last edited by dpfenninger; Jul 26, 2006 at 09:55 AM. )

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2006, 10:34 AM

I like the first and third ones, they all look nice, but those are my favorites. Is that font Lucida Grande?

dpfenninger  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 26, 2006, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5
I like the first and third ones, they all look nice, but those are my favorites. Is that font Lucida Grande?
Thanks for your input. The font is Myriad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_t...y#Myriad_Apple

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jul 26, 2006, 05:18 PM

im not liking the gery background too much...also the keyboard isnt making the same shadow in pic 3 as it does in pic 1 (not to mention the mouse and remote as well...i vote for pic 1 out of the lot but think the type on the bottom can be done better. g'luck.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

dpfenninger  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 26, 2006, 07:19 PM

To justify the gray background a bit, since several have shown an objection to it...

I based the gray background off of two things; 1) it's the same color as in several of the publicity shots for the system and 2) the original poster, seen in this image:

As for the shadow not appearing under the system in #3...my Photoshop skills are not nearly good enough to take the reflection (which is seen with the white background version of the photo in #1) and make it still reflect on the gray. If someone wants to tackle that for me I wouldn't object.

Thanks for the discussion...keep it coming.

Forum Links
Forum Rules