Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Aperture, iPad & Wifi-sync

Aperture, iPad & Wifi-sync
Jens Peter
Senior User
Oct 21, 2012, 10:04 AM

I use Apertue 3 (3.2.4) and iPad (3.gen, iOS 5.1.1) on a MacBook5,1 running 10.6.8.

I use wifi-sync to keep the ipad updated, and for applications and music, it works as expected. But I have a some folders in Aperture that I sync to the iPad as well. The problem is, when I in Aperture add one or several pictures to one of the sync-folders, the new photos don't get synced.
In iTunes, under the 'Photos' tab, I can see my aperture library and the folderes are there. But the number displayed to the far right for each folder, the picture count, is wrong. It diplays the number of photos before new newly added pictures.

I have tried all sorts of tricks to get iTunes to update the aperture folders. After importing to aperture and adding photos to the sync-folders I have left Aperture running, switched to iTunes to verify, but iTunes is not updated. I have also tried to quit Aperture - iTunes still don't show the correct number of photos. Then, quit and relaunch iTunes. Same result. Relaunch Aperture, verify the photos really are in the correct folder (they always are...), and quit Aperture again. Relaunch iTunes. Get annoyed, that this seems to be broken. Close the lid of my macbook, and spend my time doing something else. Some time later, I open the lid again and do whatever I need to do. Later, I remember the sync-problem, so I look in iTunes. And suddently the picture count matches Aperture! Magic!

Anyway... Does anybody have any advice how to get this sync fixed? A fail-safe way to open/close applications, to ensure iTunes gets updated?

Disabling/Enabling the photo-sync in iTunes is not an option, there is a lot of folders that are synched, and that takes quite some time to get all the correct folder marked.

(this goes for new folders in Aperture as well, they don't get displayed in iTunes as well.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules