Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > uhh.. new Shuffle?

uhh.. new Shuffle? (Page 2)
mikochu  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2006, 02:46 AM

Michael Reyes | www.mikochu.com | Power Mac G5 DC 2.3ghz, 2.5gb RAM, 320/250gb HD, Dual Sceptre 20" LCDs | MacBook Pro 2.0ghz, 2gb RAM, 80gb HD, 15.2" LCD, booq Vyper M2 sleeve, OGIO No Drag | iPhone 3G 16gb | iPod 60gb (5g), iPod2Car in the car | iPod 20gb (4g) in an iHome in the bathroom :)

JayMan8081
Oct 29, 2006, 10:09 AM

If the delay rumors are true I might just have to cancel my order and go with something else. I've already waited over a month for them to ship the Shuffle.

Jason Bourne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2006, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by JayMan8081 View Post
If the delay rumors are true I might just have to cancel my order and go with something else. I've already waited over a month for them to ship the Shuffle.
I just got my shipment notification this morning.

Kona
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2006, 11:47 AM

I received my shipment order today as well. I preordered on sept 12. Coming from China direct ship and due in on 11/3...

JayMan8081
Oct 29, 2006, 01:19 PM

Yeah, almost immediately after I posted my last message I got my shipment notification e-mail as well. It would seem that ThinkSecret was wrong on this one! (which is a good thing for Apple)

gkorsgard
Oct 29, 2006, 02:21 PM

jusst rcvd my shipment notification too.

ink
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2006, 05:57 PM

I haven't received my notice, but I also put on an engraving.

Karpfish
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2006, 06:42 PM

waiting for notificztion for my isight, those have been delayed for a few months and i have expected ship the 31st

jwuerz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2006, 01:09 AM

Mine Says...

Order Details

IPOD SHUFFLE 1G PERSONALIZED2ND GENUSA

PA564LL/A

$79.00

$79.00

Estimated Shipped By:

OCT 31, 2006

Estimated Delivered By:

NOV 07, 2006

So I think it should be shipped on Halloween, anyone elses look like this?

Simon
Posting Junkie
Oct 30, 2006, 03:40 AM

I think it's great news that Apple is indeed shipping the shuffle now rather than what the TS rumor suggested.

Update: TS updated their rumor as well. They are now claiming it's just tight initial supply.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Oct 30, 2006, 10:43 PM

Just got notice that my iPod Shuffle shipped today . . . from China.

ninseman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2006, 10:55 PM

I got an email from Apple saying it shipped today to arrive tomorrow (and with engraving!)

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Oct 30, 2006, 11:24 PM

My email from Apple said it should arrive on 7 NOV 06.

jwuerz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2006, 11:54 PM

My notice said that mine will also arrive on or before the 6th, but my apple rep this morning told me that it should arrive on friday, keep your hopes up.
Mine got held up in china today.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2006, 12:30 AM

Package received after FedEx cutoff

Looks like mine got held up also.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2006, 12:33 AM

I don't think people realize how big a seller this thing is. When these start showing up on the street clipped onto peoples shirts, sales are going to go through the roof when their friends find out it only cost $79.

Without a doubt, this thing is going to be big. Well, actually it's little.

ink
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2006, 12:59 AM

Got my shipping notice :-D

I had it engraved, and placed my order on Oct 12 -- so it looks like they'll service every order on time.

jwuerz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2006, 01:41 AM

As far as I know everyone, everyone who pre-ordered is getting them this or next week. I've heard different things on when the Apple Stores will be receiving them though. Some say two weeks others say by the end of this week. It seems that Buckaroo and I are in the same boat, ha! I hope we get them by friday, buck. They will be huge, the cheapest Ipod yet and still the best value. I've already created the optimium playlist.
jwuerz

Parky
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2006, 07:39 AM

I ordered on the day of release.

It shipped today (31st Oct) and is currently stating an estimated delivery date of Thursday 2nd Nov. It is an engraved model.

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2006, 02:28 AM

Well, it made it part of the way here:

Nov 1, 2006 10:46 AM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK

I suspect that I won't get it until Monday at the earliest, since it will probably go to Memphis before it comes out here in Los Angeles.

Maybe, just maybe, it will be here on Friday. If it arrived in Alaska in the AM, then it should be in Memphis tonight. Then Los Angeles tomorrow, and in a delivery truck on Friday. We'll see.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2006, 02:48 AM

WOW, I didn't notice this the first time:

Estimated delivery Nov 2, 2006 10:30 AM

So it goes from Alaska to Memphis to Los Angeles and onto a delivery truck all within 24 hours.

JayMan8081
Nov 2, 2006, 10:25 AM

Well, I got my Shuffle yesterday but it didn't work. Whenever I plugged in the dock to a Mac it would give a "USB Over Current Notice" and would never recognize the Shuffle. So tonight after work I am off to an Apple Store to have them look things over and see what they can do.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2006, 01:23 PM

Who ordered the "Mophie" case...anybody?

jwuerz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2006, 05:25 PM

I haven't yet, I'm still thinking about it, I want someone to do a review before I purchase the Morphie.

ROB2246
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2006, 07:43 PM

Hi I received my Wraptor Nueva(Mophie) case last week. I tried putting it on my shuffle last night but it would not fit. I received an email today that the case will not fit due to a production error and there will be corrected cases within 2-3 weeks. They are making good and shipping the correct case when they are ready. Good company to work with.

The Nano case for the 2nd gen case is perfect .

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2006, 08:17 PM

Well, I got home and found the FedEx tag at my door. So I have to run down to FedEx and pick it up after 6:00pm

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2006, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by ROB2246 View Post
Hi I received my Wraptor Nueva(Mophie) case last week. I tried putting it on my shuffle last night but it would not fit. I received an email today that the case will not fit due to a production error and there will be corrected cases within 2-3 weeks. They are making good and shipping the correct case when they are ready. Good company to work with.

D'oh!

ink
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2006, 01:47 AM

The new shuffle is great. It's smaller than I imagined it would be. I'm afraid of losing it.

This is PERFECT for anyone who likes to run or do cardio. The closest thing to it would have been the Rio Sport or the Nike-branded Creative player. You don't have to have the annoying (to me) ipod armband anymore.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2006, 02:43 AM

I picked mine up from FedEx office tonight. They had a seperate line for iPod and computer pickups.

Your right, it is very small. That is what is going to make this thing such a great seller. I just loaded 1 Gig of songs, Which included all my favorites minus maybe one or two.

andretan
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2006, 12:14 PM

Am still waiting for it to be out in my local stores.
mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
iBook R.I.P. 20 Nov 2002 - 2 Aug 2005
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

Crouching Donkey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 3, 2006, 01:06 PM

I haven't seen any in stores in Hong Kong yet. Any available at Apple stores anywhere?

Apple said it should be in stores as of Friday 3rd. I'm in Hong Kong. Which means we're just across the border. I wonder why the delay? Could it be they're shipping them abroad first?!!
24" 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme iMac | Powerbook G4 12" 1.5Ghz 1.25GB RAM 160GB HD | 4G iPod photo 40GB | 5.5G iPod 80GB | 1G nano 4GB | 2G nano 4GB | 2G shuffle 1GB

Simon
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2006, 02:48 PM

Got mine today. It's great!

andretan
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2006, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Crouching Donkey View Post
I haven't seen any in stores in Hong Kong yet. Any available at Apple stores anywhere?

Apple said it should be in stores as of Friday 3rd. I'm in Hong Kong. Which means we're just across the border. I wonder why the delay? Could it be they're shipping them abroad first?!!
No idea mate.

Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Got mine today. It's great!
*jealous*

Haha, kiddin'
mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

mikochu  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 3, 2006, 11:50 PM

Got mine today, too
Michael Reyes | www.mikochu.com | Power Mac G5 DC 2.3ghz, 2.5gb RAM, 320/250gb HD, Dual Sceptre 20" LCDs | MacBook Pro 2.0ghz, 2gb RAM, 80gb HD, 15.2" LCD, booq Vyper M2 sleeve, OGIO No Drag | iPhone 3G 16gb | iPod 60gb (5g), iPod2Car in the car | iPod 20gb (4g) in an iHome in the bathroom :)

andretan
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 11, 2006, 12:32 PM

Just got mine today!

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2006, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by ROB2246 View Post

Did you ever get a new Wraptor case?

sminch
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2006, 10:36 PM

so i got my new shuffle and am stoked with it - loads better than the first gen, for sure.

the only hassle is that part of the shell is lifting off. the plastic on the underside by the on / off switch is slightly bent up so that the switch is flush with the shell, and the edge of the shell is sticking up above the metal rim. no problems yet, but it's probably only a matter of time until i catch it on a fingernail or something, and there's a (tiny) space where dust or moisture could get in.

now a dab of super glue would probably patch this up nicely, but if that doesn't work out and i either kill the thing or just don't fix it i'm figuring my warranty will be void. the downer is that there's no stock of the new shuffles in the whole of new zealand at present, by the sounds, so if i take her in to see if i can score a replacement i could be without the ipod for a few weeks.

any advice? leave it for a few months and see what happens? stop being a pussy and fix it?

sminch

bingpwr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 7, 2006, 06:13 PM

I heard there's some issues with hearing static when using high-end earbuds such as shure e3c's. Is anybody experiencing this?

Forum Links
Forum Rules