Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > GUI Galaxy

GUI Galaxy
Sage
Mac Elite
Apr 13, 2004, 11:38 PM

Hmmm, never heard of this site before. Beautiful design (and lovely code), though admittedly doesn't seem to have a whole lot on it (yet, anyway).

http://www.guigalaxy.com/

phillryu
Mac Elite
Apr 13, 2004, 11:48 PM

Wow, pretty site. But why call it GUI Galaxy? It seems more like someone's blog / portfolio.

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

ender2002
Senior User
Apr 14, 2004, 12:51 AM

yeah. I was going to post something about this. GUI Galaxy has been around for about three years. This is their third revision. It first started as a Hotline Server which mac artists would hang out on and talk and whatever. Some of the artists were from www.pseudoroom.com and www.raspage.com. These artists are extremely talented and the new site doesn't showcase their awesome previous works.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 01:13 AM

Looks cool. I like the enter splash graphic.

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

samvermette
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 14, 2004, 02:36 PM

lol this site looks very nice. As I read "GUI Galaxy" I thought it would be more something like a MacThemes.net competitor.. and I think that's why phil was the first to read this thread..

The main image is really impressive. Very good job. And also the "rested" image is very nice too. You got some impressive skillz man.

ender2002
Senior User
Apr 14, 2004, 05:23 PM

its not a site to showcase other, random people's art, so don't even worry about it competing with macthemes.net. it is a vent for these artists. the only thing they ever accepted from random viewers was a digital photo gallery. just read the site credits and view their other art.

Forum Links
Forum Rules