Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Sony Supressa cd r-rw compatability

Sony Supressa cd r-rw compatability
Bramos
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 1999, 02:55 PM

Since I bought my burner, I havn't been able to get it to work. I am running apple system profile finder 8.5, system 8.5.1 US, system enabler 462 v1.1, 233mhz, virtual mem 33 mb, built in mem 32, rom revision $77d.44f4, pci display card range pro_C, card rev. 92. according to the burner needs, I'm supposed to be able to run it. I don't understand I've downloaded the cd programs that came with the burner. I can't even find the burner on the desk top. And yes.... all of the cables are hooked up correctly..... lol If you can help me out or if you have had the same thing happen with your spressa... please respond!!! Aloha B

Ster
Aug 23, 1999, 07:02 PM

you gotta run the burning program (probably toast, right?), then put in the blank (read the manual for toast, it has more details on how to do that stuff.)
-ster

IKUZUSA
Aug 26, 1999, 03:48 PM

Assuming you've installed the software that came with the SPRESSA CDR and that the drive is already attached to your Mac's USB port...

Ironically, the Spressa CDR does "Burns" CDs fine, but I've never been able to get the Spressa CDR to mount CDs.

You must use the provided "Sony Discribe" software to burn CDs, which (for lack of a better word) SUCKS in comparision to Toast.

To determine if the Sony Discribe software recognizes the presence of your Spressa CDR drive you must first setup the "source" and "image" options, before ultimately being allowed to select/configure the "recorder" option.

Once you are allowed, click the "recorder" button. Scrool down the list of possible CDR drives and look for the Spressa CDR (the drives are catagorized by SCSI, USB, etc.). Highlight the drive if it is available. Continue on to the "write" section and voila!

If the drive was not on the list it is not recoginized by the Sony Discribe application and you must reinstall the software for the drive and ensure that it is properly connected to your Mac's USB port. Your Mac's built-in USB ports are more reliable than a USB port of a hub.

~IKUZUSA

Forum Links
Forum Rules