Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > How much to charge for a standard 5 page HTML web site?

How much to charge for a standard 5 page HTML web site?
iStudent 2003
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2004, 12:57 AM

I am I charge too much money ($300) for a 5 page html web site with costume logos and graphics? I am still talking with client about what he wants, but we haven�t really talked about the price yet.

iStudent 2003  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2004, 12:58 AM

teknik
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2004, 03:27 AM

First, lets see some of your work so we case base it upon that.

PS. I usually charge $30 an hour for anything related to multimedia

redJag
Senior User
Jan 2, 2004, 04:38 AM

Are you designing the custom logos and other graphics? It would depend on that, and how many graphics you have to design. Depending on how much experience you have, you can probably ask for more than $300. But if you're just starting out, I'd say $300 is about right.
Travis Sanderson

iStudent 2003  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2004, 01:53 PM

I am just starting out; I�ve known html for years, but never made a web site until now. This is the site that I am almost done with, http://24.30.114.27/ I did it for free for a friend. The 5 page site is the next one I have lined up, and there�s probably going to be about 3 custom logo/graphics and a few pictures taken with my digital camera.

godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2004, 03:51 PM

whatever you do don't bill a flat rate per page. bill per hour. As for how much that should be, check with designers and developers in your area for a going rate commensurate with your ability.

m a d r a
Mac Elite
Jan 3, 2004, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by iStudent 2003:
I am I charge too much money ($300) for a 5 page html web site with costume logos and graphics? I am still talking with client about what he wants, but we haven�t really talked about the price yet.
if that's an example of your level of literacy, i hope you've not offered to write the copy as well!

Forum Links
Forum Rules