Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Data Recovery

Data Recovery
cobra7869
Mar 1, 2006, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by kenazo
I know :*( I tryed CICS at the uni but they don't have any facilities or capability to do anything with physically damaged hard drives. They gave me the number of a place down south with a 20% discount but they wanted �630 + VAT. Seriously I've been quoted up to �1000 and I've phoned almost 10 places. The place for �440 with VAT seems the best price by far and it's a fixed rate (but if they can't recover the data they don't charge). http://www.disklabs.com/ for anyone that's interested. They seem really helpful...even when I called last night at 1am and woke the guy out of bed
Can you share the remainder of your experience? Did you end up recovering the data from the HD? I've recently come across the same problem and am looking for data recovery places, etc... I have a 40GB PB that I'm going to have to send in. What size was your HD, and what did it end up costing you? Thanks so much for your help.
PowerBook G4 (12-inch): (Rev A) Current Mac
Original iPod, 15GB 3rd Gen, Two iPod Minis (Silver and Pink(for the wife))

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Mar 1, 2006, 12:17 PM

[The above was originally a reply to <http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=246411>. Note that we explicitly prohibit resurrecting threads that have not been posted into for 6 months or more.

tooki]

Forum Links
Forum Rules