Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > True iPod Intergration?

True iPod Intergration?
Feynman
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2006, 04:10 PM

Will we ever see true iPod intergration where we are able to scroll through a list of albums or books or whatever and click each title to get a graphic of the artwork?

Until Apple allows true development to third parties for the iPod, I would think this could be done by some scripting in creating a Playlist in iTunes and match up the ID3 tags to correspond with the book title, author, image of the book etc?

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 28, 2006, 06:06 PM

At this point it comes down to what Apple allows in the "notes" feature, which is what we use. I don't think it allows art or linking to albums, but if I'm wrong, let me know—preferably with a link to some docs.

robertm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2007, 06:13 AM

I don't think it's possible to make a scrollable list of book cover images but you could easily have text titles link to images. It would certainly be useful to see the cover of a book you're hunting for in a bookstore.

(Btw, I just downloaded DL an hour ago so I haven't even seen how the existing iPod syncing works.. if this feature has now been added and my post no longer makes sense.. never mind. )

Apple iPod Notes Feature Guide.pdf

Linking to a Photo

You can link to a photo in much the same way that you link to a folder. The photo must be stored in the JPEG file format (with the .jpg or .jpeg extension) in the Notes folder (the top folder in the Notes hierarchy).

To link to a photo, create an anchor element with a link tag pointing to the filename of the JPEG file, as in these examples:

<A HREF="/vacation">Check Out the Grand Canyon!</A>
<A HREF="file://vacation">Check Out the Grand Canyon!</A>

When the link is clicked, the Notes feature automatically detects that the file is a photograph. It
decodes the image, scales it (if necessary) to fit the iPod screen, and displays the image centered on a white background below the status bar.

Forum Links
Forum Rules