Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > FCP -> Quicktime -> FCP forces to re-render clips

FCP -> Quicktime -> FCP forces to re-render clips
ussfolsom
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2004, 01:54 AM

So I import footage in Final Cut Pro 4.5 as full tapes... then I cut them into clips using Quicktime, because it is infinitly faster than importing clip by clip from my camcorder. The only problem is that when I bring the clips back into FCP it feels the need to render them... so I can't simply play them from the timeline, it has to render them first and then again if I apply any effects..... They are 16:9 clips, so I figured that could have something to do with it.... What gives? Any solution to this problem?

brianb
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2004, 09:21 AM

My guess is that you have something set wrong in the Export codec in Quicktime. Are you exporting DV Video with 48k audio?? THat would be my first guess. Second Is the footage real 16x9 or is it 4x3 letterboxed?
Quicksilver 867, 700mhz iBook, 1st Gen iPod, iSight, Newton 2100, and a 128k Mac. All operating and used on a constant Basis

Jacke
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2004, 11:16 AM

Is it the video or the audio that needs rendering in FCP?
How are you saving it from QT, through export or save-as?

ussfolsom  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2004, 12:20 PM

the video needs to be rendered....

saving as save as I believe and then self-contained.... figured that was the same as exporting to DV?

it is 16:9 shot with my GL2, as in I just pressed the button so no anamorphic lenses here.... the original FC clip plays without needing to be rendered, and appears in the correct aspect ratio (letterboxed), just the quicktime clips need to be rendered.....

brianb
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2004, 01:32 PM

really sounds like your save settings are not correct I would go and look to see if they aren't set to uncommpressed or something like that.
Quicksilver 867, 700mhz iBook, 1st Gen iPod, iSight, Newton 2100, and a 128k Mac. All operating and used on a constant Basis

Forum Links
Forum Rules