Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > When I turn in my MacBook for it's replacement what do I have to do?

When I turn in my MacBook for it's replacement what do I have to do?
Bunit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2006, 01:30 AM

I doubt any of you have fallowed my saga, but I've had my computer taken in a few times and now it's getting replaced by Apple. I'm going in Saturday to get the replacement one, but I have a few questions. Will they ask for my remote and my charger? Or do they just want the computer? I would ask them, but the I kinda have to take them in if they tell me to. I'd love to be able to have two remotes and an extra charger laying around. Also does Apple charge for the data trasfer from my old computer to my new one?

amru
Forum Regular
Dec 6, 2006, 04:14 AM

i went through this and they ask for everything that org. came w/ your MB. so yes, they'll ask for the charger and remote.. well at least whn i mailed it in they did, dunno much about the instore repl. process or your last question.

Meadowfield
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2006, 01:44 PM

I sent mine back the other day via prepaid fedEx and received the "replacement release approval" email before tracking confirmed its final destination in CA. That said, their "tracking detail" email for the replacement has not yet been received and I too am wondering what their process is because they really haven't had it long enough to inspect the box. Fortunately I included everything as I was instructed because I was grateful they offered to send me a Dual 2 instead and I didn't want to delay the pre Christmas gift unnecessarily.

rnp614
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 9, 2006, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meadowfield View Post
I sent mine back the other day via prepaid fedEx and received the "replacement release approval" email before tracking confirmed its final destination in CA. That said, their "tracking detail" email for the replacement has not yet been received and I too am wondering what their process is because they really haven't had it long enough to inspect the box. Fortunately I included everything as I was instructed because I was grateful they offered to send me a Dual 2 instead and I didn't want to delay the pre Christmas gift unnecessarily.
what the hell is a Dual 2

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 9, 2006, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by rnp614 View Post
what the hell is a Dual 2
I think he means Core 2 Duo.

Bunit  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2006, 03:02 AM

Yea I was talking about Core 2 Duo. Sorry about the mix up. The exchange process was very easy. Literally walk in and they handed it to me and then I walked out. The new computer works great and runs even faster.

Forum Links
Forum Rules