Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Want to see the #1 nut on the internet?

Want to see the #1 nut on the internet?
thecoolest
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 28, 2005, 05:18 PM

If you want to see the #1 nut on the internet then go to Marilyn's Non-Violent Planet.

This website makes me sick!

Rolling Bones
Banned
Dec 28, 2005, 05:20 PM

OK, yes I would.

Rolling Bones
Banned
Dec 28, 2005, 05:23 PM

This thread is undergoing maintenance. Please come back later.

Rolling Bones
Banned
Dec 28, 2005, 05:25 PM

Rolling Bones
Banned
Dec 28, 2005, 05:25 PM

Rolling Bones
Banned
Dec 28, 2005, 05:26 PM

Rolling Bones
Banned
Dec 28, 2005, 05:27 PM

Ratm
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2005, 12:24 AM

I see three.

Cubeoid
Baninated
Dec 29, 2005, 01:26 AM

Whoa Rolling Bones, you really went all out.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 29, 2005, 02:48 AM

All hail the hamster crapping out...

-t

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 29, 2005, 03:15 AM

I can't believe I just wasted 10 minutes there. That's beyond sad. Too much free time for a barely functioning brain.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 29, 2005, 10:50 AM

Chronic Fatique Sydrome? Who posts a blog detailing their ailments including irritable bowel syndrome?!?

Ever notice how people with chronic fatigue syndrome don't do anything? This is right up there with fibro-myalgia. (I have pain all the time, but I can't tell you where it is and no doctor can find out what it could be, but it's useful as hell for getting really good meds) My mother-in-law has chronic fatique syndrome. Apparently, sitting around eating bon-bons and watching Montel has really got her stressed out.
ebuddy

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 29, 2005, 11:10 AM

OK, she's slightly barking and as a result probably wouldn't be in danger of any DoofyLovin'. But I wouldn't call her the #1 nut on the Internet.

Leave the poor girl alone.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Dec 29, 2005, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy
Ever notice how people with chronic fatigue syndrome don't do anything? This is right up there with fibro-myalgia. (I have pain all the time, but I can't tell you where it is and no doctor can find out what it could be, but it's useful as hell for getting really good meds).
I suspect that CFS and fibromyalgia are a lot like ADHD: real conditions, but horribly overdiagnosed in this day and age. It's easy to see where the stereotypes of these conditions as "fake diseases" came from: I suspect that most cases are fake.

But real cases do exist, and real fibromyalgia doesn't act like your description. For one thing, someone with real fibromyalgia can tell you where the pain is: there's a set of 18 well-defined "trigger points". Few patients have pain in all of these points -my wife doesn't either- but by definition someone with real fibromyalgia has pain in at least 11 of them.
My mother-in-law has chronic fatique syndrome. Apparently, sitting around eating bon-bons and watching Montel has really got her stressed out.
CFS doesn't mean you're just "tired" all the time; it means you're completely exhausted, and I do mean completely. Someone with a real case of CFS isn't going to even be able to "sit around eating bonbons and watching Montel" every day, because that implies staying conscious. Then again, from the way you describe it, I'm not sure you actually know what she does most days. I suggest you find out.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 29, 2005, 08:05 PM

i wonder if they can make a website for me - i love the design :/

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2005, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by nredman
i wonder if they can make a website for me - i love the design :/
i love sites that only use Comic Sans.

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 30, 2005, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Millennium
I suspect that CFS and fibromyalgia are a lot like ADHD: real conditions, but horribly overdiagnosed in this day and age. It's easy to see where the stereotypes of these conditions as "fake diseases" came from: I suspect that most cases are fake.
For the most part, I was just trying to be funny. It's not funny when someone replies and tells you their wife has one of the conditions I'm poking fun at. I apologize. It's right up there with crackin' on some dude's bald head only to find out he's on chemotherapy.

But real cases do exist, and real fibromyalgia doesn't act like your description. For one thing, someone with real fibromyalgia can tell you where the pain is: there's a set of 18 well-defined "trigger points". Few patients have pain in all of these points -my wife doesn't either- but by definition someone with real fibromyalgia has pain in at least 11 of them.
I certainly don't know your wife, but I know several others and they are perfectly able to conduct business or get out of bed when it suits them. My mother-in-law spends an awful lot of time spelunking through dime stores and antique shops. She only gets exhausted when her daughter wants to do something or when something is asked of her that she'd rather not entertain. Interestingly, my mother-in-law has fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome (which I thought used to be called disorder), mercury poisoning, heart conditions, "tumors" that seem to appear and disappear contingent upon when more attention is needed, etc... I also find (from 3 of the 4 people I've known with fibro-myalgia) that there seems to be no shyness in detailing all of their ailments including irritable bowel syndrome which seems invariably brought up at the dinner table. In short, it seems as a fortunate (and admittedly ignorant, please understand) third party that what we have here is a little too much time on our hands in thinking about ourselves. For some, tired is tired and for others tired is paralysis, but not complete paralysis mind you.

CFS doesn't mean you're just "tired" all the time; it means you're completely exhausted, and I do mean completely. Someone with a real case of CFS isn't going to even be able to "sit around eating bonbons and watching Montel" every day, because that implies staying conscious. Then again, from the way you describe it, I'm not sure you actually know what she does most days. I suggest you find out.
I'm aware of what she does every day and I'm also aware that depression runs rampant throughout her family.
ebuddy

ledzeppelin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2006, 09:47 PM

( Last edited by ledzeppelin; Jan 29, 2006 at 11:49 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules