Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > White dots on secondary display

White dots on secondary display
Mmmmmoo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2005, 02:31 AM

I've got a 12" iBook G4 running the display spanning hack. Right now, I've got a 17" LCD connected and acting as a secondary display. But I just noticed that there's two white dots on the secondary display. When I turn on Mirroring, it goes away. However, the dots come back in the same spot when Mirroring is turned off. This happened in Panther, and while the problem went away after I did a clean install of Tiger. It's now back.

Does anyone know what would be causing this?
Needs more cowbell!

Mmmmmoo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2005, 03:21 PM

I suppose the lack of replies indicates no one else has ran into this problem, which sucks for me.

Although I can update my original post by saying that one of the dots has disappeared. Another thing about the dots is the fact that it appears above the desktop and open windows. However, when I move the mouse pointer "over" the dot, the dot disappears. Seems like the pointer is above the dot, but the dot is above the windows.. if that makes any sense. Also, the dot doesn't appear when the screensaver goes on. I also don't get this problem in Windows.

It reminds me of the whole dead/lit pixel thing on the PSP, except it isn't a monitor problem (or is it?).
Needs more cowbell!

Forum Links
Forum Rules