Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Using Apple TV as monitor for Mac Mini

Using Apple TV as monitor for Mac Mini
phkc070408
Feb 18, 2018, 04:44 AM

I have a Mac Mini plugged into our TV in our living room through HDMI. We are redoing our back porch and turning it into a family room. I don't really want to move the computer out there, but might want to use it out there on occasion.

The back porch is mainly going to be a play area for the kids for the time being, so rather than buy (rent) a third FIOS box, we were just going to get an Apple TV and the kids can watch pre-recorded shows on PLEX and Netflix.

My question is: Can I mirror my Mac Mini in the Living Room to an Apple TV on the back porch, provided my bluetooth signal is strong enough for my keyboard and trackpad to be able to communicate with the base unit? They will be on the same network.

If this is possible, is this something I would have to configure from the living room every time I want to use it on the porch, or can it be left set up in the living room and I just need to bring my keyboard and trackpad out to the porch?

Forum Links
Forum Rules