Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Apple Displays - What are the differences?

Apple Displays - What are the differences?
momotaro-mac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2003, 01:58 PM

Heya,

Can anybody spare some info abt apple displays? I read several sites posting news about new cinema displays in aluminum enclosure...how true is this?

And also, how different is the 23" HD from the 20" besides the obvious size? Is the 23" super clearer since it says High Definition while the 20" doesnt?

Thinking of getting a 20" whether or not they release new displays.
It would be better to have better displays though for the sake of price reduction on similar sizes( at least im hoping for it...not sure whether prices are going to fall). And I also think an aluminum enclosure would suit the G5 even more.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2003, 11:34 PM

The 23" has 1920 x 1600 pixel resolution while the 20" has a 1650 x 1080 pixel resolution. The original 22" Cinema Display is 1600 x 1024 (I've got one and love it).

There is also some brightness & contrast ratio differences between the two, which you can find on the Apple website.

As for the rumors of the style updates, well so far they are just rumors. While I have no doubt that new ones are on their way (eventually), the current ones are still mighty nice.

Forum Links
Forum Rules