Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Watch Your Favorite ABC-TV Network Show Rerun for free!

Watch Your Favorite ABC-TV Network Show Rerun for free!
abe
Professional Poster
May 13, 2006, 12:18 AM

Watch Your Favorite ABC-TV Network Show Rerun FREE!

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Watch full episodes online for free! May 1, 2006 - June 30, 2006

The only place online where you can watch full episodes of your favorite ABC television shows!
I'm thinking of spending some time with the "Commander in Chief."

From what I gather these are the only shows available, but that's better than the other networks! If enough people watch maybe it will bring about a change in the industry where all the networks stream their shows for free.

Commander-in-Chief
Lost
Alias
Desperate Housewives

Their viewing screen makes for a very inviting theater or home theater viewing experience, but if you have enough bandwidth you can go full screen. I like it.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

El Gato
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2006, 12:27 AM

Damn, that's slick.

I wonder how this will end up impacting iTunes.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 13, 2006, 12:45 AM

I just noticed in the episode of CiC, "Ties That Bind" at about 2:25 into the show as Gina Davis walks into the Oval Office from outside the door is held for her by a uniformed police officer or a uniformed member of the secret service. I'm not sure but thought plainclothes Secret Service or U.S. Marines usually performed such duties. In this scene it just seems slightly odd to see a cop in a windbreaker or jacket opening the door for the POTUS.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 13, 2006, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by El Gato
Damn, that's slick.

I wonder how this will end up impacting iTunes.
I was wondering the same thing. iTunes' market is being attacked on several fronts.

Anyway, I just got through watching the whole CiC episode and even the commercials are cool. You can interact with them and stuff! They have a rotation of sponsors and the one I got was for the Jennifer Anniston/Vince Vaughn film, "The Breakup."

Very cool. Except that I spent more time watching the commercial than I would have just by watching the show on TV.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
May 13, 2006, 07:01 AM

Thats sucks. Only available for Viewers In The United States!

NoOOooooOOooOOOOoooOOoooo!

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
May 13, 2006, 08:47 AM

For those not in the US and who can't see this, there are a few limitation that accompany the free shows:

1. Not full screen. It's just a small window in the middle of the display.
2. You have to have a net connection because the video cannot be downloaded for later viewing.
3. You have to watch commercials.
4. No scrubbing.

Still, it's free.

Chris

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 13, 2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by chabig
For those not in the US and who can't see this, there are a few limitation that accompany the free shows:

2. You have to have a net connection because the video cannot be downloaded for later viewing.
4. No scrubbing.

Still, it's free.

Chris
There IS a full screen option if you have a high speed connection. Cable or faster I believe.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 13, 2006, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ
Thats sucks. Only available for Viewers In The United States!

NoOOooooOOooOOOOoooOOoooo!
Sorry.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
May 13, 2006, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by abe
There IS a full screen option if you have a high speed connection. Cable or faster I believe.
I have a high speed cable connection and unless I'm completely clueless (possible, but not likely) there is no way to view the ABC video full screen. If you know how to do it, please tell me.

Chris

cpt kangarooski
Mac Elite
May 13, 2006, 11:51 AM

Feh. I don't see Automan in there at all.
--
This and all my other posts are hereby in the public domain. I am a lawyer. But I'm not your lawyer, and this isn't legal advice.

ink
Mac Elite
May 13, 2006, 03:01 PM

4. No scrubbing.
I'll just stick with Bit Torrent.

I'd happily watch commercials if they offered a bona-fide download, but the family doesn't want to huddle around one of the 12" laptops, or watch it in a box on the TV.

Still, great if you want to watch a show by yourself and have the bandwidth. It's a step in the right direction.

James L
Mac Elite
May 13, 2006, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by abe
I just noticed in the episode of CiC, "Ties That Bind" at about 2:25 into the show as Gina Davis walks into the Oval Office from outside the door is held for her by a uniformed police officer or a uniformed member of the secret service. I'm not sure but thought plainclothes Secret Service or U.S. Marines usually performed such duties. In this scene it just seems slightly odd to see a cop in a windbreaker or jacket opening the door for the POTUS.
You know it's not real, right?

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 13, 2006, 10:32 PM

I have a high speed cable connection and unless I'm completely clueless (possible, but not likely) there is no way to view the ABC video full screen. If you know how to do it, please tell me.

Chris
Below the viewing screen there's a linear bar, grey in colour with blue accents and in white letters.

The white letters tells the name of the show and the episode.

On the far right of that bar there's white numbers showing the elapsed time and the remaining time of the show.

Well, to the right of THAT there's a little blue rectangle with little blue arrows coming from all four sides of the rectangle.

Click on that blue rectangle for full screen viewing.

ink
Mac Elite
May 14, 2006, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by abe
Well, to the right of THAT there's a little blue rectangle with little blue arrows coming from all four sides of the rectangle.

Click on that blue rectangle for full screen viewing.
Hmm, in Camino with Flash 8, that only makes the window bigger, not fullscreen.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
May 14, 2006, 01:18 AM

Does anyone know how us foreigners can access the shows, I promise i'm not Mexican.

Is there us free US based Anon proxy that would work?

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 14, 2006, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by ink
Hmm, in Camino with Flash 8, that only makes the window bigger, not fullscreen.
That's all I got. Sorry.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
May 14, 2006, 06:56 PM

i am happy abc did this, the wife and i forgot to tape Alias the other night so we watched it online - sure the small video sucks but its better then nothing (or waiting for a torrent)

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 14, 2006, 07:05 PM

And for all the time you might spend away from her chatting here, now you can tell her there is something positive that comes from spending time on MacNN.

Forum Links
Forum Rules