Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Busted Ipod photo

Busted Ipod photo
kill bill
Forum Regular
Apr 18, 2008, 09:54 PM

My ipod photo has been crapping out on me this week. It would stop responding in the middle of songs and the audio would also stop. Then today, it totally stopped responding altogether. When I connected it to my computer, it said that it needed to be restored to the factory settings because it was corrupted. I tried to do that, but the computer couldn't recognize it. I unplugged it and all my music and playlists were gone. When I came back to it about 15 minutes later to try to replace the music, it was already in the ipod, like it had never been deleted in the first place (at this point, I hadn't done anything to the ipod since i initially tried to restore it). What should I do to get my Ipod back to working? I just want to wipe it and start over but I can't seem to be able to do it.

kill bill  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 18, 2008, 10:04 PM

I just tried restoring it again and it failed to to an "unknown error"

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2008, 10:15 PM

Since you're in NY my first thought is to jump on the subway to Mecca and have them fix it. It IS open 24 hours a day to all True Believers of the True Faith!
Backups are like guns and condoms. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

kill bill  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 18, 2008, 10:24 PM

Well, NYC is where I live between semesters. I'm pretty far from there now.

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2008, 11:17 PM

Oh shite. Sorry. Um. Well first I'd check the apple support page and see if they have anything on that particular error. Second, tech advice wise... idk.. is there a way you can turn the ipod all the way off to reboot it? Try restarting your mac, then plugging it in first thing and see if you can get it restored.

Aside from that google is your only other shot.
Backups are like guns and condoms. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules