Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Anybody got a copy of 'Last Call' (bar game)?

Anybody got a copy of 'Last Call' (bar game)?
Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Mar 19, 2006, 01:29 PM

Hey

Some years ago there was a game for OS 9 by the name of 'Last Call'. It was a simple bar game, where you had to flip through drink/cocktail recipes and mix them for customers. Great way to learn.

I had the demo and now that I'd actually want to buy it, the product+company seem to be long gone. All download sites I found have forgotten it, too, it seems.

Anybody happen to still have it, or even just the demo?

TIA,

J

Speckledstone
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 20, 2006, 01:15 AM

Yeah, I've got it lying around here somewhere.

If the company is out of business and no one holds the rights to it, could I just give you a copy? (legally speaking)

new newton
Banned
Mar 20, 2006, 02:30 AM

Both companies would appear to be alive and well, judging by their sites. Clicking through shows copies available on Amazon. Just how hard did you try to find this!?

Judge_Fire  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2006, 05:54 AM

Well, I would rather have downloaded the demo again to see whether it was as good as I remembered, and that it really would run in Classic. Since the publishers site had only dead links (and seemed dead/frozen in time) and demos were nowhere to find, I gave up early.

Simon & Schuster Interactive folded some years ago and the Cutler Creative site seems to have received no updates since 2000. How hard did you look?

Speckledstone, if you got the demo I'd love a copy. I could also buy the full thing as a download from you.

It seems indeed to be available through Amazon, but I've had mostly bad luck buying from 'affiliates' or individuals; sometimes no international shipping, or huge cost. Maybe I should give it a shot. Direct from Amazon of course rocks.

Thanks both of you

J
( Last edited by Judge_Fire; Mar 20, 2006 at 06:04 AM. )

Speckledstone
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 20, 2006, 11:27 PM

I still have to do some searching for the actual game, but I did find the demo on an old Macaddict CD. I've uploaded it to my .mac Public folder.

Enjoy.

Judge_Fire  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2006, 08:34 AM

Thanks

J

Forum Links
Forum Rules