Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > My mac's clock didn't change automatically.

My mac's clock didn't change automatically.
V Roller
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2002, 10:59 AM

The time on my 2001 iBook running system 9.2.1 didn�t automatically change with the seasonal time change, even though I have always had the box checked for it to do so in the Time/Date control panel. I remember using a mac 2ci with system 7 and perhaps a 7600 with system 8, with each having the exact same problem, but by the time I got my sawtooth G4 minitower running 9.0.4, the problem had been fixed. Does anybody know why the problem could be happening again? Has it happened to anybody else this time around?

kennethmac2000
Senior User
Apr 8, 2002, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by V Roller:
<STRONG>The time on my 2001 iBook running system 9.2.1 didn�t automatically change with the seasonal time change, even though I have always had the box checked for it to do so in the Time/Date control panel. I remember using a mac 2ci with system 7 and perhaps a 7600 with system 8, with each having the exact same problem, but by the time I got my sawtooth G4 minitower running 9.0.4, the problem had been fixed. Does anybody know why the problem could be happening again? Has it happened to anybody else this time around?</STRONG>
No, because everyone else is running OS X.

H�rnchen
Forum Regular
Apr 8, 2002, 12:28 PM

Its not done by only clicking seasonal time. You have to select automatic update in the "server..." part of the Date & Time control panel. We have 4 Macs here; different models and OS (no OSX), and all of them did well.

[ 04-08-2002: Message edited by: H�rnchen ]
Murphy's Second Corollary:
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

<quote_UnregisteredUser_un>
Apr 8, 2002, 05:17 PM

Originally posted by H�rnchen:
<STRONG>Its not done by only clicking seasonal time.

[ 04-08-2002: Message edited by: H�rnchen ]</STRONG>

It is on my sawtooth G4 minitower. I don't know what that apple server thing is and I don't think I want to. Apple screwed up by purposefully breaking the OS in order to make people switch to OS-X. Sorry kennethmac2000 and SteveJ, I cannot do it yet.

Bobby
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2002, 04:23 AM

I remember seeing this before, I can't remember if it was more than once, but I remember the last time it happened I thought it was odd.

This time it updated fine, so I really dunno...

I am on 9.2.2...

<V Roller>
Apr 15, 2002, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by Bobby:
<STRONG>I remember seeing this before, I can't remember if it was more than once, but I remember the last time it happened I thought it was odd.

This time it updated fine, so I really dunno...

I am on 9.2.2...</STRONG>
Thanks Bobby. I'll probably update to 9.2.2

Forum Links
Forum Rules