Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Animated folders, like the Amora Icons

Animated folders, like the Amora Icons
megamouse
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2008, 11:16 AM

anyone who use Amora notice when you drag a file over a folder, the folder's icon will show a animation (i.e. the openning of the folder)

just wondering is there a similar feature in other icon sets, apparently I have got over 200 sets of icon on my Mac but no one else seems to done it, apart from David Lanham himself! (good job David)

megamouse  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2008, 11:21 AM

illustration:

static status:

dragging file over it

SpaceCat85
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2008, 12:12 AM

The current version of Agua also comes with an open state. David Lanham has an eye for detail, that's for sure

Some older sets by other icon artists have this as well, but beyond the Icon Factory 200th set (modded it for myself on OS 10.3, so I know it definitely does ) I can't think of any that I know have the open folder state for sure. Minium might possibly have them, since that is also a fairly thorough set? I think you could only get at them in the older sets if you exported icons from the prepackaged CandyBar icontainer, and I didn't usually download the icontainer version of icons if I already had the standard copy-and-paste icons so I didn't usually have the "open" folder

Leopard makes it really easy to swap icons because they're regular ICNS files instead of part of a single resource file, and the "open" folder is amongst the main folder icons, so hopefully we should be seeing some more sets that do this

SpaceCat85
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2008, 12:25 AM

Just did some finagling with rad-e8.com (via archive.org) to download the Minium Pixadex iContainer and no, it doesn't seem to include an open state. I'm not an icon creator, though, so there might be something I've been missing
( Last edited by SpaceCat85; Feb 26, 2008 at 12:33 AM. )

megamouse  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2008, 11:12 AM

Hi SpaceCat, thanks for the input, I shall keep looking and if find any will report back to the forum.

Surprised many detail-focusing artists forgot to put in a "open" state for their icons....

Forum Links
Forum Rules