Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Replaced HD- now the optical drive seems locked!

Replaced HD- now the optical drive seems locked!
Abbas
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 16, 2004, 09:03 AM

I went ahead and replaced the internal hard drive on my 12" ibook. Now I cannot seem to insert any cd/dvd in the slot optical drive- as though something is locking in. I dont think there was any disc in the drive and I searched all "force eject" threads and nothing from that worked.

Any help would be appreciated as the HD is new and thus I cant access O/S either!

-Abbas

swichd
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 16, 2004, 10:43 PM

Make sure the ATA cable is attached to the optical drive and that it is not damaged.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Microsoft Products are Generally Bug Free"
-- Bill Gates[/FONT]

Abbas  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 17, 2004, 02:14 AM

Originally posted by swichd:
Make sure the ATA cable is attached to the optical drive and that it is not damaged.
I opened the notebook again abd while it was open, I truend it on and everything was working, so I slowly put it back together and tested after each layer and now it works. No idea what stopped it in the first place as all cables etc. were already connected

-Abbas

MARINEOSX
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 17, 2004, 02:31 AM

I bet something didn,t go back togeather exactly right and when you tried to insert a disk something was in the way. This has been known to happen.
Bless those that sacrifice for us all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules