Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Turn off Copying and Organizing in iTunes For Videos

Turn off Copying and Organizing in iTunes For Videos
theokandroid
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2007, 03:28 AM

Hey guys, I have all of my backed up DVDs on my 250gb External HDD. I have all my music stored on my laptop. I was wanting to add my videos to my iTunes library. Is there a way to add them to my iTunes library without them copying them to the Macbooks Hard Drive, and still maintaing that functionality for music?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 23, 2007, 03:36 AM

Perhaps with a third party utility (I don't know of one off-hand). If you want to do it manually you'll have to plum the depths of iPod_Control. You know, iTunes can accept files off of external drives without copying them to your Library.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

theokandroid  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2007, 03:39 AM

I know, but as soon as I set it back to copy my music into folders for music (because of how I backup my library) itll copy all the videos.

Forum Links
Forum Rules