Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Borderlands 2

Borderlands 2 (Page 5)
sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2012, 05:28 PM

Uhh, well make sure to show me some of your older items before you get rid of them, at this point I'm three tiers back on just about everything, and that's kind of annoying given how much I play.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 5, 2012, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Uhh, well make sure to show me some of your older items before you get rid of them, at this point I'm three tiers back on just about everything, and that's kind of annoying given how much I play.
Yeah… the unfortunate part is I keep stealing all the stuff from my Zero to give to Maya, meaning he has to keep all the second best stuff to remain competitive. I'll try to remember to set stuff aside, but the truth is both characters vaults are so full I'm mulling a mule just keep all cool guns I just don't want to sell.

---

Don't read this fatty

Edit: Oh, I did the three tea party missions without you guys because I needed to get Maya to 46 so i could use all the cool stuff.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 6, 2012, 05:48 AM

Crosbie managed to find Michael last night, too.

Also, I don't recall where I got it, but I had a magenta e-tech SMG that doled out mega damage (3800?) that was electric. Invaluable running through Opportunity last night.

sek, did last night at least set the stage with a few upgrades?

I think shields are my next big priority.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 6, 2012, 07:40 AM

I desperately wish Borderland had this online infrastructure:

• check challenges/badass rank online (per character)
• See contents of your vault
• See friends characters and their current gear
• Take pics to post of said weapons & gear
• Be able to gift items to friends
• Be able to respec characters and customize appearance
• Listen to double rainbow

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2012, 08:07 AM

I wish it had a theater mode as well. (All games should be required to have it.)

Also, I wish there was way to change the "Friend has signed on to xbox live" alert sound. Imagine hearing "Hey-oh!" every time Fatty signs on or joins our party chat.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2012, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post

Crosbie managed to find Michael last night, too.
The AR he gave me was pretty cool. 100+ rounds in the clip is quite fun. I just wish it did more damage.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 6, 2012, 08:20 AM

What would you want to record on Borderlands?

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
The AR he gave me was pretty cool.  100+ rounds in the clip is quite fun.  I just wish it did more damage.
Remember when it comes to large magazine rifles, fire-rate and reload speed are just as important. I won't try to do the math, because I'll **** it up, but I used my AR at 1800 / 8 / 50 for far longer than my 2400 / 5 / 16 because more bullets and less reloading equals more time dealing damage, even if its weaker.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 6, 2012, 08:35 AM

So, Tediore purples are rather sexy looking.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2012, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post

sek, did last night at least set the stage with a few upgrades?
Well it's been a very slow process, no leaps and bounds amazing shit dropping at my feet but the last two nights have given me an upgrade on just about everything.

The highlights of my arsenal:

Snipers:
9300dmg Jakobs: Despite being a Jakobs the fire rate is very good (3.1) and the clip ain't half bad either (11)
Edit: Machine just spit out the exact same rifle spec'ed above, except with 13,400dmg!
8000dmg Vladof: Nearly full-auto sniper (4.8fr) huge clip (24) and deals 2000 Electric dmg at 30% chance

SMGs:
2100dmg Maliwan: 3000 Electric dmg w/20% chance
2000dmg Hyperion: 2000 Fire dmg w/10% chance, decent clip (32)

MISC:

27.2% Cooldown Relic (from last night)
24,000x8 MIRV (bought in machine today)
32,000 Shield that grants immunity to fire damage (bought in machine today)

Again I have my shop timer relic on just AFKing to see what the machines might give me.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 7, 2012, 09:00 AM

I may have to do some machine camping. Though it'll be a pain since I can't watch Netflix while I do it.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 7, 2012, 05:12 PM

Golden Key Shift Code!

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KBW3T-JT9ZK-F9FJF-K63TB-CBT3K

Netted me this beauty:

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 8, 2012, 07:03 AM

So fatty and crosbie talked me into registering for shift codes. Used my first key and got a shotty with 1% accuracy, and another shotty that was a fire e-tech. Fires an arching shot which is annoying long range. Pretty god rate of catching fire, but I'm less than impressed with the damage. 14k seems like a lot, but that like 3 1/2 bullets from my SMG. Even destroying 42s last night it would struggle at times.

Anyway, thanks to the crack dealers I can't wait until the next key. Sitting on my extra one until I hit 50.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 8, 2012, 08:11 AM

That's better than what I got. Two assassin class mods for my commando.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 8, 2012, 08:11 AM

From what I can gather about this Melee Override relic conundrum.

Each character has a Melee Override skill somewhere in the skill tree that has its own cool-down rate apart from the special ability cool-down rate.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 8, 2012, 08:12 AM

Speaking of mods, I saw this posted on another forum...

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 8, 2012, 08:14 AM

Level 39?

I have yet to see an Orange in any machine, let alone something amazing like that.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 8, 2012, 08:21 AM

All I know is the Leviathan better give us some dope stuff.

My plan:

1. Complete DLC Main Storyline
2. Go to PT1 and kill Terra
3. Hopefully all geared up, we run a train on the Main Storyline
4. Blue Side-missions

If we don't have some good shit after two, we're in trouble.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 8, 2012, 09:21 AM

Level 39?

I have yet to see an Orange in any machine, let alone something amazing like that.
Player count is supposed to affect loot drop, but does it affect machines?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 8, 2012, 10:57 AM

Made a quick scamper around Pirate Booty Zone, besides dying three times (for a total of 120k) I nabbed some interesting loot.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 8, 2012, 11:01 AM

Yeah, that reminds me, since we're topping out we should all start looking out for loot the other people want. Like Vladof Pistols and ARs for me, snipers for you, etc.

Also, if you don't end up liking the RL I'll take it off your hands.

Edit: We should probably decide on an equitable system for deciding who gets future shields, relics, and such.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 8, 2012, 01:03 PM

I don't think I'll be able to join you guys tonight. Can we save the DLC stuff until Friday. Also, we should try to farm the Bee shield before we fight Terramorphis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc3IX2oS4rw

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 8, 2012, 01:06 PM

I don't think I'll be able to join you guys tonight.  Can we save the DLC stuff until Friday.  Also, we should try to farm the Bee shield before we fight Terramorphis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc3IX2oS4rw
No problem. I'm sure fatty and I will farm some areas and kill some green side-missions in the meantime.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 8, 2012, 11:34 PM

You don't NEED the Bee shield for Terra thingy. It helps but with 3 or 4 high level players it isn't necessary. Nades first, turrets out, get behind big rock. His tentacles can reach behind the rock btw.

Before you know it you'll have trouble deciding which weapons to pick up.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 9, 2012, 06:16 AM

• Found Michael again last night. At Marcus' again.

• Did some story with Zero. Holy shit is 48-50 tough. (Doesn't help that my zero is probably underarmed and his action skill is useless)

• Got some stuff for you Crosbie. An AR and a mod that probably isn't that great.

• Hayter's Folly has to be my second favorite farming run. 8 chests!

• Feels like too many chest give pistols, probably because you get twice as many.

Edit: Oh yeah, killed another Jimmy Jenkins

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2012, 08:10 AM

You found both Michael AND Jimmy Jenkins last night? Dammit. Where did you find Jimmy?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 9, 2012, 08:13 AM

WIldlife Preserve, of course (We found two other midget loaders, as well). I found and killed him there earlier this week, too.

I'm proud because I got the kill in a full public lobby.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 11, 2012, 10:58 AM

Yet another Golden Key code up, sek.

Wandering the public games with Zero I stumbled into a guy killing Terramorphous repeatedly. I assume he had the Bee - Conference call combo because he was doing it himself in around 20 sec. Picked up a couple of class mods for Crosbie but didn't find much for you sek. I only found one sniper and smg that was clearly better than what I had. I did grab a Zero class mad for myself, however.

I forget, does anyone want a cooldown rate +22.5% relic?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 12, 2012, 07:41 AM

I have now decided I can go maybe two days max without a Golden Key. Okay, but seriously they should automatically give people one a week.

I was pretty pissed/disappointed with the RL I got Saturday night, but last night's chest made up for it. I triple "Oh my"d as I saw the chest open to sniper rifles, a magenta, and 24000 damage. That's two magenta's for me in 4 keys. I'm also very glad I haven't gotten class mods, grenade mods, or pistols.

Jumped in a Hyperion Circle of Slaughter game last night. Still decent loot there. So much so that I quit out on the last wave of Round 5 so we could do it on my Zero character later.

Speaking of farming, we can only do the Leviathan twice before he seals up forever, which is retarded. I'm hoping Crosbie's weird story issues mean we can do it two extra times with his account (maybe sek's), but we'll also have it available on my Zero as well. Having extra characters pays off! I would posit that when/if we do additional run-throughs the host gets top pick.

Hyperius looks to be impossible until we gear up better, leaving Terramorphous. Still, it sounds like both are much easier using farmed weapons from other parts of the game.

---

So with the 24k sniper I figure we're closing in on the top damage. I think this is the max 50:

Still some room for improvement.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2012, 12:35 PM

Where did you find the other Golden Key code? I didn't see it on Facebook.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 13, 2012, 12:40 PM

Jack gon die 2nite

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2012, 04:00 PM

You slabs will have to go without me tonight.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2012, 04:31 PM

You slabs will have to go without me tonight.
<slow clap>

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 14, 2012, 06:13 AM

I wish I had seen that before logging off last night.

You missed some interesting action. I decided we'd make a Caustic Caverns run since most of the stuff was in the 48-50 range, and farm the Badass Creeper for the shotgun. He didn't drop it, but sorting through the loot we realized this was sitting there:

sek's first Legendary.

Ceci n'est pas une sniper rifle! – It fires slow moving projectiles that look like arrows from the video game Minecraft.

When auto-targeting is turned on in the options menu, the snap-to targeting places the arc of the Longbow's projectile immediately through a standard humanoid enemy's head. The key is to not correct an aim for the head as normal, but to fire center mass, which is where snap-to targeting places the reticle upon aiming down the sights.
Turns out its not that great.

After we left we dealt with some Crystalisks and some Varkid's harassed us and then a Super Badass shows up out of nowhere and downs my ass and as fatty revives me, he pods up. I get my second wind and the varkid emerges as Verminous the Invincible. A level 53 varkid with a skull next to his name. We were eliminated in short order after maybe taking off a sliver of his health.

Losing 250k, we go back, but he's gone. We do find assorted treasure we don't recall in two places (blues, purples, greens), but nothing to special. Then a Super Badass Pyro Thresher shows up out of ****ing nowhere and it's death time and another 250k down the drain.

After that it was Hayter's Folly.

---

During my solo play last night I snagged another plasma caster, fire of-****ing-course, but it turns out the thing is a bastard against varkids, spider-ants, and threshers. Not bad.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2012, 07:51 AM

Vermivorous the Invincible would have dropped the Legendary Soldier class mod for commando.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 14, 2012, 07:57 AM

If all we got for that fight was a commando mod we would have thrown it into the caustic lakes.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 14, 2012, 08:17 AM

So Vermiwhatever is supposedly tougher than Terramorphous. Jesus.

---

X360: WTK3B-WTZ5F-36FBR-KXJTT-BZC6J

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 14, 2012, 09:52 AM

Well just to elaborate on Dakar's post.....

Yes I did get my first Legendary, and yes it is kind of...well...a piece of junk.

The special projectile is hard to land, the clip is tiny, the reload ain't great, and the damn thing has no scope (and appears to be useless at range anyways). Dakar and I touched on this, but this sort of malarky is something I'd expect from a more common yet high-damage weapon, not an ultra-rare Legendary for gods sake. If you are going to bother generating interest in an ultra-rare weapon drop why, in god's name, would it end up being a disappointment?

As a comparison, here is a sniper I've been using for quite some time.

This thing is amazing, and it's a green. If you fire it like a semi-auto while scoped it barely has any recoil, and I can easily land 50% of a clip with critical hits against certain enemies. That's over a million damage, in pretty short order. At this point I've had this weapon, in my hotbar (?), longer than any other weapon in my entire inventory.....and it's still useful.

In other news I just cashed in that key code and nabbed the following amazing weapons. Proving that the Golden Key is more useful than waiting for drops...

Sniper that easily outclasses everything I have

Arguably the best SMG I have.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 14, 2012, 10:03 AM

Well just to elaborate on Dakar's post.....

Yes I did get my first Legendary, and yes it is kind of...well...a piece of junk.

The special projectile is hard to land, the clip is tiny, the reload ain't great, and the damn thing has no scope (and appears to be useless at range anyways).  Dakar and I touched on this, but this sort of malarky is something I'd expect from a more common yet high-damage weapon, not an ultra-rare Legendary for gods sake.  If you are going to bother generating interest in an ultra-rare weapon drop why, in god's name, would it end up being a disappointment?

As a comparison, here is a sniper I've been using for quite some time.

This thing is amazing, and it's a green. If you fire it like a semi-auto while scoped it barely has any recoil, and I can easily land 50% of a clip with critical hits against certain enemies.  That's over a million damage, in pretty short order.  At this point I've had this weapon, in my hotbar (?), longer than any other weapon in my entire inventory.....and it's still useful.
Yeah, I don't understand gearbox's thinking. A lot of their legendaries seem to have key drawbacks. If the idea was balance, they seem to be crippling them instead. Like my fastball grenade mod. Only good on unshielded fleshy opponents, and has no blast radius so it's for solo enemies.

Honestly, I'm find with having drawbacks, just not on the legenderies. The uniques are practically better, which is counter-intuitive.

Oh and while we're on drops, I'm getting more irritated at how much less rare the drops are at 40-50 compared to 1-30. Why would rarity change as you leveled? I now see blue items of the day in several machine at a time. You're lucky if they're green in PT1.

In other news I just cashed in that key code and nabbed the following amazing weapons.  Proving that the Golden Key is more useful than waiting for drops...

Sniper that easily outclasses everything I have

Arguably the best SMG I have.
Great... setting the bar real high for my pull. My luck is due to run out tonight.

---

FYI, here's a list Legenderies. I'm thinking farming will be best done as a group during PT2.5, so we should all pick a few we're interested in.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 14, 2012, 10:43 AM

Jesus Christ, more:

Xbox 360: 5JWTJ-JCSSC-6S6TX-5RBTJ-9RZBJ

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 14, 2012, 11:03 AM

Not so lucky this time, two purple grenade mods...

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 14, 2012, 11:06 AM

Aside from fuse-time, that is a fantastic grenade. Teleports to enemy, sticks to them, pulls everyone in and drops their shields. With the highest damage I can recall seeing.

If you don't want it, I'll trade you for it.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2012, 11:18 AM

Goddammit. Why can't you redeem the Shift codes on the website? I'm at work away from my xbox. Those codes will probably expire by the time I get home.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 14, 2012, 11:20 AM

Goddammit.  Why can't you redeem the Shift codes on the website?
A-****ing-men.

I'm at work away from my xbox.  Those codes will probably expire by the time I get home.
This weekend I think I saw one posted at noon and sek redeemed it around 8 or 9 pm. If these people have souls, they should be valid for at least 24 hours, or else they alienate different time zones around the world.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2012, 10:13 AM

So I guess we're not mentioning last night's unattainable orange weapon that dropped behind the console after we defeated the Warrior on playthrough 2. Did anyone get a screen shot of that? What's the plan for tonight? Terramorphis on playthrough 1?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 15, 2012, 10:15 AM

I was waiting for fatty to post his cap.

I think it's Leviathan first, then whatever. We have a lot of side-quests to do now, and lots of level 50 equipment waiting for us (And people to farm along the way).

(There's also Zero's Warrior playthrough to complete, and two more Leviathan runs with him. And maybe more Leviathan runs if Crosbie's game is still fuxxored. Lots of farming to do before putting cash on the line to fight Terra)

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 15, 2012, 11:03 AM

Oh character heads leaked for the Torgue DLC. I'm imagining Vietnam themed shit going down.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2012, 12:11 PM

I'm following Mister Torgue's twitter feed right now. Hopefully he will give us some more golden keys before the end of the day.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2012, 12:39 PM

FFS people, I've had a bottle of wine (13%) to myself, you could have at least posted some keys before I pass out.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2012, 01:42 PM

The hunger for Golden Keys is reaching a fever pitch in here...

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 15, 2012, 01:48 PM

Golden Key Zombies.

Forum Links
Forum Rules