Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Panther Mail.. replies not found.

Panther Mail.. replies not found.
:dragonflypro:
Senior User
Oct 24, 2003, 02:02 PM

I am really diggin' Panther Mail.... but....

The 'View Reply' function is really iffy.

It seems to not be able to locate messages regularly. I tried completely removing the Sent Mail folders and letting Mail recreate them...nope.

It seems to work fine for a day... but then they go missing again.

I was originally on IMAP accounts... trashed those and moved to POP3s with slightly dif names (so not to confuse .mboxs), but still no dice

I am not moving the originals from the Inbox and i can clearly see the sent items in the Sent folder.

I also do not expect message form before Panther Mail to be recognized.... this stuff is happening on mail that was received and replied to by Panther Mail.

What gives?

Is this happening for anyone else?

:dragonflypro:  (op)
Senior User
Oct 24, 2003, 02:38 PM

OK, I think I found the answer....

It looks as if the 'show reply' only functions if the original message is in the Inbox...both before and after reply. It has to stay there forever!

Meaning, it does not work if the message was 'ruled' into a Folder or if the Message is moved out of the Inbox into a folder.

Is this anyone else's experience?

If this is the case the feature is totally useless if it breaks if you move the original.

T

maxintosh
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2003, 02:47 PM

I don't know if that's necessarily true. It seems to me it can't locate my mail from the Jaguar days, but all mail I've received since upgrading, despite their folders, it can find.

:dragonflypro:  (op)
Senior User
Oct 24, 2003, 04:24 PM

Ok, totally purged all mail prefs, mboxs, etc

On a clean copy of mail i set up 2 accounts, 1 .mac, the other from my ISP.

I send a mail, then reply. As long as I leave the message in the Inbox, i can view the my reply. If I move it to a folder On My Mac, busted.

I did the same thing again, but this time made a rule to place the message in Folder upon first receipt. I send a reply from within a folder....busted... can't view.

Is this only me?

So much for a useful feature. Disappointed.

T

Forum Links
Forum Rules