Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Juan Williams, NPR, & Political Correctness

View Poll Results: What do you think of Juan William's termination from NPR?
Poll Options:
Political Correctness run amok 15 votes (71.43%)
His statement crossed the line and warranted termination 2 votes (9.52%)
Not cool to say but he shouldn't have been fired 4 votes (19.05%)
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll
Juan Williams, NPR, & Political Correctness (Page 2)
CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2010, 02:14 PM

And yes, his boss is an idiot. Nice subject change, though. Not sure what it has to do with the OP, but whatever....

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by CreepDogg View Post
And yes, his boss is an idiot. Nice subject change, though. Not sure what it has to do with the OP, but whatever....
I didn't change the subject; I reported on the correct outcome of the post by the person who did change the subject.

CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldManMac View Post
I didn't change the subject; I reported on the correct outcome of the post by the person who did change the subject.
Yeah...wasn't talking to you

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by CreepDogg View Post
About as much as reparations does.
45/47

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 25, 2010, 05:22 AM

I guess it's a firing offense to tell people that certain situations make you nervous or scared. My wife was scared when we saw three scruffy looking Muslims board our plane on a recent trip. Is she a bigot for admitting her fear?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 25, 2010, 06:39 AM

You're FIRED!
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 25, 2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
You say "blocked in Congress". Yet the sources indicate "blocked by Republicans in Congress".
First of all, your link to the vote shows members from both parties on both sides of the fence.

Your link also cites the GOP lawmakers shared a list with reporters of three unnamed “whistleblowers” — one black farmer and two USDA employees — who would be willing to testify before a congressional hearing regarding the settlement process. They said their testimony would detail allegations of fraud and corruption in the settlement. There at least seems to be some question as to the validity of some of these late claims.

But Boyd also noted that the settlement has support from GOP lawmakers such as Sen. Chuck Grassley (Iowa) as well as legislation introduced by former Sen. George Allen (R-Va.) and former Rep. Steve Chabot (R-Ohio). What is also noted is this from another of your links; This is the second time that Senator Coburn has apparently broke with Republican leadership to object to the funding. So... you've got several Republican legislators authoring measures to appropriate the funding, you've got the GOP leadership on board, you've got most in agreement on the funding itself merely expressing problems with how the distribution of funds (through a court-appointed arbiter) is going to be adjudicated at a time when the GOVERNMENT HAS NO MONEY. Sounds like the GOP is doing the job they were commissioned to do as holders of the purse.

But again ... the measure is fully paid for. Furthermore, it is not the Congress' role to renegotiate the case. It is not Congress' role to decide who is a valid claimant and who is not. That is for the courts to decide. This is a settlement of a lawsuit filed against the US government. Congress is obligated to fund it ... so the obstructionists in the GOP who are repeatedly blocking this measure need to quit making BS excuses. Many of the farmers affected by the settlement are quite elderly. More die everyday. And as the old saying goes ..
It's not about renegotiating the case, it's about appropriating funds to the correct parties. These GOP members are not letting the type of PC BS that permeates our society get in the way of adjudicating a massive sum of your money.

The $1.25 billion settlement comes on top of the money paid out a decade ago. The new agreement would provide cash payments and debt relief to farmers who applied too late to participate in the earlier settlement. So... was it Republican obstructionism that these claimants didn't get the friggin' memo of a large settlement for black farmers a decade ago?

Justice deferred is justice denied.
There is no justice, just us and our interpretations of it.
ebuddy

Atheist
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
I guess it's a firing offense to tell people that certain situations make you nervous or scared. My wife was scared when we saw three scruffy looking Muslims board our plane on a recent trip. Is she a bigot for admitting her fear?
Nope... irrational at best, ignorant at worst.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 26, 2010, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
Nope... irrational at best, ignorant at worst.
Honestly, you would have had to see them, even my shoulders tensed when they boarded. Their eyes weren't calm, they darted around the cabin in a rather predatory way. I know predators, if I didn't control myself I'd be one. Also, it probably didn't help that you could smell them from the next aisle.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 26, 2010, 12:21 PM

I bet I'd exude some awesome body language if every where I went I knew everyone thought I was a would-be terrorist.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 26, 2010, 09:45 PM

To conservatives, everyone looks scary. Pres. Obama is scary. Foreign born muslim scary.

Gays are scary. Muslims are scary. Illegal immigrants are scary. Everyone looks Asian, thus are scary. Hispanic people look Asian. White people look Asian.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 26, 2010, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I bet I'd exude some awesome body language if every where I went I knew everyone thought I was a would-be terrorist.
Then maybe they should, like, shower, wear clean clothes, and run a comb through their hair. They weren't the only Muslims on the plane, but they were the only people causing others to feel uncomfortable.
- Thomas Paine

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 26, 2010, 10:54 PM

I said body language, not body odor.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2010, 02:20 AM

and I was saying that people wouldn't have been acting the way they were if these guys didn't stink and look like they'd slept a week in their clothes.

"Gee, look it's a Muslim, and he looks nasty, stinks to high-heaven, and may have head lice. I wonder if he'd like to be my friend?"
- Thomas Paine

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 28, 2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
and I was saying that people wouldn't have been acting the way they were if these guys didn't stink and look like they'd slept a week in their clothes.

"Gee, look it's a Muslim, and he looks nasty, stinks to high-heaven, and may have head lice. I wonder if he'd like to be my friend?"
Weird, I thought you said this

Their eyes weren't calm, they darted around the cabin in a rather predatory way.
is what grabbed your attention.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 31, 2010, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
What Rick Sanchez said was over-the-top racist? Really?

All I remember Rick Sanchez said was that Jon Stewart was a bigot and that Jews control the media and should not be considered a minority.

You hear a lot far worst on FOX news and Rush Limbaugh.
All your post shows is that you never listen to Rush Limbaugh. Rush is an ardent supporter of Israel and Jews.

Not only do you NOT hear worse, you don't hear anything close.

You do hear bad stuff on Fox News, mostly out of Carl Cameron and Reena Ninan. Even their worst isn't like what Sanchez said.
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2010, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by vmarks View Post
All your post shows is that you never listen to Rush Limbaugh. Rush is an ardent supporter of Israel and Jews.

Not only do you NOT hear worse, you don't hear anything close.

You do hear bad stuff on Fox News, mostly out of Carl Cameron and Reena Ninan. Even their worst isn't like what Sanchez said.
Eh?

You hear far worst from Rush, not specifically to Jews only. Rush Limbaugh is the biggest Race Master Baiter. That's how he gets listeners.

Rick Sanchez slams Jon Stewart and says Jews control the media.
Rush Limbaugh slams Jon Stewart and says Jews control the banks.

What's the difference?

Why did you think how Rush Limbaugh got fired from ESPN? For race baiting.
( Last edited by hyteckit; Nov 1, 2010 at 04:51 AM. )

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2010, 05:13 AM

Rush Limbaugh's view of minorities. They only succeed because of Affirmative Action.

Pres. Obama - Affirmative Action President. He only won because Whites wanted a Black person in the White House
Sonya Sotomayor - Affirmative Action US Supreme Court Justice. Reverse Racist.
Donovan McNabb - Affirmative Action player. Whites wanted a black quarterback and black coaches to do well.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 1, 2010, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Eh?

You hear far worst from Rush, not specifically to Jews only. Rush Limbaugh is the biggest Race Master Baiter. That's how he gets listeners.
That's also how he got James Golden 'Snerdley' who has been with Rush since his inception as a screener and research assistant and any number of black stand-in hosts. Like V said, you don't listen to Rush.

Why did you think how Rush Limbaugh got fired from ESPN? For race baiting.
No, political correctness run amok.
ebuddy

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 1, 2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Weird, I thought you said this

is what grabbed your attention.
Round and round and round.

They were skanky > made other people on the plane uneasy > made Muslims paranoid because people were staring > made others even MORE uneasy

Vicious cycle that could have been avoided with some soap and clean clothes, yo.
- Thomas Paine

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
That's also how he got James Golden 'Snerdley' who has been with Rush since his inception as a screener and research assistant and any number of black stand-in hosts. Like V said, you don't listen to Rush.

No, political correctness run amok.
You hear a lot worst on Rush Limbaugh show than what Rick Sanchez says about Jewish people owning the media.

And Rush Limbaugh is the biggest Race Baiter.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2010, 09:29 PM

When was the last time you listened to Limbaugh?
45/47

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2010, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
I don't really agree with much of what Rush says anymore, but it never ceases to amaze me how many of his critics never actually seem to listen to him. Just sound bites and the opinions of others about him.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

OAW  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
I don't really agree with much of what Rush says anymore, but it never ceases to amaze me how many of his critics never actually seem to listen to him. Just sound bites and the opinions of others about him.
Admittedly, I rarely listen to Rush. But I do read the transcripts of his show. So whenever I've criticized him directly for some comment it's always based on reading what he said in its full context. So my opinion of the man remains the same. I will say though ... he's very good at what he does.

OAW

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2010, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
he's very good at what he does.

So was Hitler

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Enough over the past 15 years on both TV and radio to know he is the biggest Race Baiter.

Do you need to attend Jeremiah Wright's services every week for a year to form an opinion on Jeremiah Wright?

How often have you attend Jeremiah Wright's services?

Forum Links
Forum Rules