Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Bluetake BT headset review

Bluetake BT headset review
vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
May 31, 2004, 04:52 PM

http://reviews.macnn.com/review.php?id=52

The Bluetake GII 400 is a handsfree Bluetooth device that hangs on the ear and works with most Bluetooth-enabled cell phones.

Bluetake makes a number of Bluetooth devices, from USB host adapters, USB host adapters with flash memory on board, to Bluetooth wireless print servers and even a Bluetooth cable/dsl router. They have an impressive line-up of products and really are investing in Bluetooth technologies in a way I haven't seen from many other companies who make one or two BT devices, maybe a mouse and keyboard, or only market the handsfree device. Bluetake makes them all.

The Bluetake is relatively easy to use. It has two buttons for adjusting volume up and down and one button that does all the rest, from powering the device on and off to answering, initiating, and ending calls. This do-it-all button is lit with both a red and blue LED to indicate different status modes. It comes with a removable silver cover and several of the covers in different colors so that you can change it as fashion dictates.

read more at http://reviews.macnn.com/review.php?id=52
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

selowitch
Mac Elite
May 31, 2004, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by vmarks:
http://reviews.macnn.com/review.php?id=52

The Bluetake GII 400 is a handsfree Bluetooth device that hangs on the ear and works with most Bluetooth-enabled cell phones.

Bluetake makes a number of Bluetooth devices, from USB host adapters, USB host adapters with flash memory on board, to Bluetooth wireless print servers and even a Bluetooth cable/dsl router. They have an impressive line-up of products and really are investing in Bluetooth technologies in a way I haven't seen from many other companies who make one or two BT devices, maybe a mouse and keyboard, or only market the handsfree device. Bluetake makes them all.

The Bluetake is relatively easy to use. It has two buttons for adjusting volume up and down and one button that does all the rest, from powering the device on and off to answering, initiating, and ending calls. This do-it-all button is lit with both a red and blue LED to indicate different status modes. It comes with a removable silver cover and several of the covers in different colors so that you can change it as fashion dictates.

read more at http://reviews.macnn.com/review.php?id=52
If you can't use it ...
  • with Macintosh voice recognition software (iListen or ViaVoice)
  • with Speakable Items, and
  • with Xbox Live
... it's of no use to me.

vmarks  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
May 31, 2004, 08:16 PM

The next version of it will be capable for use with speakable items, ichatAV, etc.

XBox live uses BT for headsets? I was not aware. If they do not, then no bluetooth headset will be useful.

As for iListen and ViaVoice, I do not know that the microphone quality is at the level to work for those applications- but then, the headsets that are recommended for use with those are (a) wired, and (b) place the microphone directly in front of the mouth, not off to the side.
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

selowitch
Mac Elite
May 31, 2004, 08:20 PM

Originally posted by vmarks:
The next version of it will be capable for use with speakable items, ichatAV, etc.
Well, that's good.
XBox live uses BT for headsets? I was not aware. If they do not, then no bluetooth headset will be useful.
If it doesn't now, it will shortly.
As for iListen and ViaVoice, I do not know that the microphone quality is at the level to work for those applications- but then, the headsets that are recommended for use with those are (a) wired, and (b) place the microphone directly in front of the mouth, not off to the side.
I'm sure you're right. *Sigh* But wouldn't it be nice if....

BTW, how are things in Israel? Are you there now?

Forum Links
Forum Rules