Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > You people with new builds... I want screenshots of Airport

You people with new builds... I want screenshots of Airport
chasnhisimac
Jan 28, 2001, 02:03 AM

How did apple finally support airport in the newer builds? In my copy of PB I had to do that kext hack so that it'd expand the network settings tab in the Prefs. Is this default now... if so/if not is there an app that lets you connect/disconnect/check on the basestation?

I want pics... please...

-chas

vasu
Senior User
Jan 28, 2001, 05:12 AM

i wont provide you with pictures, but I can pass on some info that I know of.

in the network control panel, there is a menu for what network mode you want. when airport is selected there is a check box to allow closed networks or not. then there's a drop down menu letting you pick basestations available, and enter in a password. the only features's that are missing is an Admin program, software basestation, and signal meter.

be default, if you have an airport card, OSX will select airport as the networking option, and pick the closest basestation that's not closed/has a password.

-vasu

Cipher13
Jan 28, 2001, 05:23 AM

So post the pics anonymously then
I'll post some ASAP.

Cipher13

chasnhisimac  (op)
Jan 28, 2001, 04:40 PM

so it works... but it sounds like there is only a small amount more support than the PB hack. Lets hope the final comes with all of our usual tools. Hey, what about a dock icon that changes to show connection status. Hmm.. I want that now
-chas

Joey
Jan 28, 2001, 05:42 PM

Everything else that's missing like the admin stuff are separate apps, so if they aren't there, it's not like a mssing feature, just a non included app. Devs AFAIK don't need to see the Airport stuff much beyond the fact that it works anyway. So don't sweat it.

crazyjohnson
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 28, 2001, 06:42 PM

Yes! Someone post some screenshots of the new build in the good old 'Post your OS X Screenshot' topic.

Thanks
Change your world and you will change your mind.

Forum Links
Forum Rules