Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Schiller/Ballmer to Perform 'Developers, Developers' at WWDC

Schiller/Ballmer to Perform 'Developers, Developers' at WWDC
nforcer
Mac Elite
May 4, 2002, 09:42 PM

Schiller/Ballmer to Perform 'Developers, Developers' at WWDC

When Microsoft announced they would continue to support the Mac platform last month, they hinted at more than just new software. They were up to something, and no one could quite put their finger on it. Today, Apple has announced that it has licensed 'Developers, Developers' from Microsoft, and that dance routine creator and wildman Steve Ballmer would be at WWDC with Phil Schiller to perform live.

"This is totally unbelievable," Adobe developer John Knoll stated. "This is just what Mac developers need. Hell, the only reason we released Photoshop on time for Windows is because we feared the wrath of Ballmer. He's craaaaaazy. When word gets out that Phil Schiller is equally mad, I doubt you'll ever see a title released late on the Mac again!"

Other developers appeared to agree. Andrew Welch of Ambrosia Software commented, "I've been telling people, the hype for WWDC is worth it! From the preview at developers.apple.com/trailers it's clear big things are going to happen. I'm so pumped!"

However, not all are so certain the move is going to work. Mark Adams of Westlake Interactive was skeptical of Apple's plans. "I really hope this won't detract from the quality of the next Mac OS X release. We are counting on some major improvements to the Carbon API, and bug fixes in OpenGL."

Still others, such as New York Times columnist David Pogue were utterly shocked. "That's all we need. Another bald, sweaty, fat guy jumping around on stage like a lunatic. Please! The lickability factor of aqua is going to fall faster than France during WWII when people see this."

It's rumored the routine will be performed about halfway through Steve Jobs' keynote speech. Schiller and Ballmer are expected to sign autographs after the keynote.
Genius. You know who.

Archangel
Mac Elite
May 4, 2002, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by nforcer:
<STRONG>However, not all are so certain the move is going to work. Mark Adams of Westlake Interactive was skeptical of Apple's plans. "I really hope this won't detract from the quality of the next Mac OS X release. We are counting on some major improvements to the Carbon API, and bug fixes in OpenGL."
</STRONG>
Mark Adams doesn't exist anymore.

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
May 4, 2002, 10:43 PM

Originally posted by Archangel:
<STRONG>Mark Adams doesn't exist anymore.</STRONG>
the man had some body modification surgery done, but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist anymore... or that he isn't still a man.

-r.

Archangel
Mac Elite
May 4, 2002, 11:02 PM

Actually, I would agree with you. I think Glenda Adams and Mark Adams are still the same person, however, for all practical purposes, Mark Adams does not exit.

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
May 5, 2002, 02:40 AM

Ballmer: "I... love... this... COMPANY!"
Schiller: "Which company are you talking about?"
Ballmer: "MicroApple!"

The crowd cheered!

Forum Links
Forum Rules