Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Is Falwell a discrace to America?

Is Falwell a discrace to America?
macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 11:33 AM

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ell_muhammad_3

This guy just doesn't realize that he is the worlds biggest hipocryte.

He claims to be a christian, yet is further away from Christs teachings than Ca$h.

According to the Bible Jesus associated himself with the lowest of society. Jesus had tolerance, and forgave them.

Falwell is KKK, member who is the complete opposite of all Christs teachings, and claims that he is right and we all misread the bible.

Does anyone else (christian or not, that's really irelevent) think that this guy is off his rocker?

He has set the human race back 50 years with his hatred of everyone who is not him.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 11:40 AM

Serious question deserves a serious answer: YES, HE IS. A TOTAL DISGRACE. Sadly, there are those who follow his every word.
See http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=126204
And ask Karl if this lends any more credibility to the story (if Drudge says it, it can only be as accurate as "Bat Boy endorses Gore"- my words, not Karl's)

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 12:01 PM

Disgrace to humanity.

And what I mean by disgrace is the sadness that there are really people out there who are so warped in their thinking. I actually pity him, I won't hate him.

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 12:20 PM

Disgrace, utter disgrace.

from that interview:
"Jesus set the example for love, as did Moses," Falwell says. "I think Muhammad set an opposite example."
Moses? Well if everything is open to modern interpretation, Mr. Fallwell, then I'd have to submit that what Moses did in Egypt to convince Pharoah to release the Israelites was, in essense, Terrorism.

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 12:30 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:44 AM. )

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 12:37 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:45 AM. )

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 12:40 PM

Originally posted by MadMacs:
First of all, do you have any evidence that he is related to the KKK? I believe you are also evil for what may be a libel statement. You try to add insult by claiming B.S.

I don't know much about Falwell, but suspect that his conclusions of Islam may be correct. Look at what's happening. Are you blind. Have you read any of the Islamic literature?

I'll forward a link with your comments to Mr. Falwell for his response.

No idea about the KKK thing, myself.
But. Just as you are entitled to your opinion about Islam, I am entitled to mine which, at this moment, holds that you must either be
a) ignorant
b) scared and ignorant
c) ignorant

Have you read the Q'uran? Start there and then feel free to come back and we'll discuss the teachings of Muhammed. Just as I choose to not follow the extremist ramblings of folks like Falwell, most Muslims are pretty good about not beleiving every word to come out of the yap of Omar or Bin Laden or Hussein or (insert name of Islamic Extremist here).
God, I DO hope you are not indicative of the intellect of the great heartland.
Sorry for my short attitude, but DAMMIT... LEARN about something before making an opinion.

"There is no sin but ignorance" Kit Marlowe. Study that thought. It covers a WHOLE lot of ground.
( Last edited by maxelson; Oct 4, 2002 at 12:55 PM. )

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 4, 2002, 12:44 PM

Why would an extremist christian fundamentalist be a disgrace to a country founded by extremist christian funcamentalists?

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 12:45 PM

Madmacs, what are you trying to say with this statement?

Madmacs:

I don't know much about Falwell, but suspect that his conclusions of Islam may be correct. Look at what's happening. Are you blind. Have you read any of the Islamic literature?

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 12:59 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:46 AM. )

ink
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by thunderous_funker:
[BMoses? Well if everything is open to modern interpretation, Mr. Fallwell, then I'd have to submit that what Moses did in Egypt to convince Pharoah to release the Israelites was, in essense, Terrorism. [/B]
Yep. God is a terrorist in the old testament.

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 01:06 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:47 AM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 01:07 PM

I am not a big Fallwell fan, but as far as Jesus goes, he was tolerant to a point. He wasn't tolerant of sin. He would walk with the prostitutes, pagans etc, trying to tell them to change their ways. Having been in this forum for awhile, knowing how you all react to such thing, it wouldn't be considered tolerant. Jesus would be a hated man in this forum as well.

Makes you think.

BTW Islam as a whole isn't evil, but yes, Fallwell makes some good points that you cannot ignore.

Well you can, but you'd have to put your head in the sand.

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 01:13 PM

No, I'm not going to read any Islamic trash. I don't believe in it and don't desire to know anything about it.
'tis a shame, because if you did read it you would understand that these Islamic extremists are as far away from the core of Islam as David Koresh was from the core of Christianity.

I'm not a taoist, but I've read the Tao Te Chang. I'm not a Morman, but I've read the book of Morman.

Lack of understanding is what starts religious wars, not religion.

I don't believe in killing in the name of a God. Life should never be taken by man, in the name of God.
Good ... that puts you on the same page with a vast majority of Muslums.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Tigerabbit
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 01:14 PM

Jerry Falwell and Osama bin Laden are cut from the same cloth, leaders of pseduo-religious personality cults that are corruptions of the religions to which they claim adherence.
If you put a bullseye on yourself, don't be surprised when someone takes a shot at you.

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 01:22 PM

No, I'm not going to read any Islamic trash. I don't believe in it and don't desire to know anything about it. I just want the terrorist killings to end. Every thing that I have read in the past year concerning Islamic radicals has tainted the Islamic religion, and I don't care.

I don't believe in killing in the name of a God. Life should never be taken by man, in the name of God.

Congratulations, you've made your arguments irrelevant by being so one-sided and insulting to something you know nothing about.

This thread is bogus

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 01:41 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:47 AM. )

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 01:43 PM

I don't know anything about Falwell, except that he is involved with the Christian faith.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20021004-92332157.htm

By: Bill Gertz and Rowan Scarborough

U.S. intelligence agencies received reports this week indicating Islamic terrorists have targeted American schools for attack, intelligence officials said.
The reports indicate that the targeting includes plans to attack all levels of educational institutions in the United States, ranging from elementary schools to colleges and universities, said officials familiar with the reports.

I don't know if you read the news lately, but it was Islamic terrorists who are following distorted writings of the Q'oran that killed over 3000 innocent people by flying planes into buildings.

All the terrorism that I hear about is committed by Islamic nuts.

I don't need to or care about the stupid Q'oran. Just stop killing people.
You don't NEED to know. You're kidding. Well, then, you don't NEED to comment on it.
Islam has nuts.
Christianity has nuts.
America has nuts.
Judaism.
Britain.
Hinduism.
Mexico.
The Culinary Institute of America.
Your own government.
This frigging forum.
California.

So, by your logic, and to put it simply, ALL of these people deserve... what, in your estimation? You'd condemn an entire religion for the act os a few militant lunatics who SAY they act in the name of Islam but who are, in fact, acting out of misplaced anger, jealousy, fear, loathing and what have you? Wow. That's self imposed ignorance, that is, which is the WORST kind. You're ignorant because you seem to WANT to be.
By your logic, everyone is guilty.

Are YOU blind?

What IS worthy of your time? How about the attrocities your own government has committed in the name of "National Security"? Is THAT worthy of your time? Do you need to know about THAT? Tell me, do you VOTE? Pay taxes? IF you have decided that these issues, which effect your daily existence are not worthy of your time well, then, by GOD, I sure as hell hope you stay the hell away from a voting booth.

My God, but this attitude pisses me off.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2002, 01:48 PM

I would not go so far as to say he's a disgrace to America. Reprehensible as his beliefs may be, the fact that he's allowed to not only believe but display them is a credit to any nation which claims to give its citizens the right to believe as they will. The same could once have been said of, say, Louis Farrakhan, though this particular example has mellowed considerably in recent years.

However, just as Farrakhan once was, Falwell is certainly a disgrace to the religion he claims to follow but is either outright lying or missing the entire point. I don't even know anymore which one it might be. Farrakhan seems to have regained a degree of respectability, which is really saying something given his past. He's still not widely trusted, which is understandable, but he does seem to have genuinely turned over a new leaf. Might Falwell do the same at some future point? Maybe. I doubt it, but if one could change then perhaps the other might too.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 01:53 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:48 AM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 01:57 PM

Every religion has nuts using it to further their agenda. I wouldn't out Fallwell inthe same boat as Osama (That would be a bit bizarro) I think what Fallwell is thinking is, if it isn't from God...

I am not a Fallwell fan myself, nor most any TV evangelists.

There is allot more people in this country that is doing more harm to it than Fallwell though. Yet I hardly see them being brought up in here.

Semms to me allot of people think anyone that isn't a liberal, or leans to the left, and is a Christians is bad in this forum.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 01:59 PM

And guess what, Falwell made the same comment.

But no, no one read that part. All you can do is make libels statements about someone who did read the Islamic trash.

Here are some quotes from the story:

By RICHARD N. OSTLING, AP Religion Writer

I've said often and many places that most Muslims are people of peace and want peace and tranquility for their families and abhor terrorism," Falwell said. "Islam, like most faiths, has a fringe of radicals who carry on bloodshed wherever they are. They do not represent Islam."
Knee-Jerk reactions are a big thing in this forum. Get used to it.

macvillage.net  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 01:59 PM

No, I'm not going to read any Islamic trash. I don't believe in it and don't desire to know anything about it. I just want the terrorist killings to end. Every thing that I have read in the past year concerning Islamic radicals has tainted the Islamic religion, and I don't care.

Obviously, you were not old enough (oddly) to remember the attacks of 9/11.... Or else you wouldn't have stated anything in this quote.

The terrorists of 9/11 weren't really "Muslem" as Falwell is condemning. They didn't know the first thing about Islam. Osama Bin Laden, and Sadam aren't muslem either. Anyone who interviewed them will testify to that. They don't believe in the religion.

The people in that region are very religous. These *political* fools use religon (very much like Falwell uses christianity) to encourage people to do their dirty work.

Islam is just an alaby of Bin Laden for his *political* work.

That was basically cleared up by Sept 13th. So either you live in a cave, or you beat Falwell as far as ignorance goes.

Islam really had nothing to do with 9/11. It's just a way to get people to do these crimes.

For the record, the Bible promotes Slavery in several places, as well as "stoning" Gays and non-believers.

Religous books are outdated. Any religous person (who isn't twisted) knows that. Muslems take their literature only so serious, and same with normal christians. You don't see the Pope having a "stone gays day" do you? You don't see him encouraging all christians to have slaves because the bible allows it! Why? It's a book. It's not the faith. It's suggestions for how to live your life. You have to choose what's right.

And that crosses all religous lines.

Perhaps it's the intolerance of others that led the world towards this situation?

What was the cause of WWII? Vietnam? Cold War? 9/11?

Every tragedy of our time has been the *direct* result of political/racist/political intolerance.

Perhaps Falwell himself is the terrorist who caused 9/11.

He had the podium which he could have used to promote tolerance and peace. Perhaps he could have used his charisma (if you can call it that) to help defuse the situation years ago? Instead he promoted hostility.

At least Jessie Jackson promotes tolerance. I'm not a big fan of him either. But I must give credit where it is due.

As far as the KKK goes... just match his web sites statements to that of the KKK... Speaks for itself. If it looks a duck, smells like a duck, quacks like a duck, and has the DNA of a duck... then we can safely assume it's a duck.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2002, 02:08 PM

All the terrorism that I hear about is committed by Islamic nuts.
Indeed, most terrorism against U.S. interest is from pseudo-Islamic groups. Not all of it comes from this source, though; consider the examples of Oklahoma City and the Unabomber attacks. These acts were not even religiously-motivated.

However, this is not true for most other nations (with the notable exception of Israel). In Great Britain and Ireland, for example, most terrorism is committed by the IRA, a group fighting for the independence of Northern Ireland from Great Britain (they want to absorb it into Eire proper). They have strong ties to Catholicism. In Spain, most of the terrorism comes from ETA, a group fighting for Basque independence from Spanish rule. In Peru, most of the terrorism isn't actually religious in nature; the group there is Maoist. Similar groups are responsible for most -though again, not all- terrorist acts in South America, though the individual philosophies of the groups can differ. And not all such groups there are terrorist in nature, either.

My point? Yeah; all we hear about in the US is the pseudo-Islamic terrorism, because, well, that's what happens here most of the time. But it's far from the only source.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 02:08 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:49 AM. )

macvillage.net  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Every religion has nuts using it to further their agenda. I wouldn't out Fallwell inthe same boat as Osama (That would be a bit bizarro) I think what Fallwell is thinking is, if it isn't from God...

I am not a Fallwell fan myself, nor most any TV evangelists.

There is allot more people in this country that is doing more harm to it than Fallwell though. Yet I hardly see them being brought up in here.

Semms to me allot of people think anyone that isn't a liberal, or leans to the left, and is a Christians is bad in this forum.
I agree with you with all but the last comment.

I myself am a Roman Catholic (considered to be the most concervative by most). The guy is a nut. And your right, there are many more.

Perhaps these guys are brainwashing Americans to perform acts in the name of religon as well? Isn't the leader of the Klan a preacher too?

macvillage.net  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 02:13 PM

If I reacll correctly, David Koresh was that Waco nut. If I also recall correctly, he never attacked 3000 innocent people in the name of God, and I don't know if he was Christian. I thought he was following the Islam faith (well maybe not). [/B][/QUOTE]

Wasn't Koresh (don't know if that's the right spelling) the one who thought he was the Messiah?

If so was a Christian but very confused, and he tought he "understood" the book of Revelations, and took it to mean that he was the Messiah.

A twisted Christan.

If it wasn't him, it was one of his buddies.

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 02:18 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:50 AM. )

deekay1
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 02:20 PM

how can he say that mohammed was a terrorist? i wonder in what context?

falwell is a joke. he always has been and he always will be. people like him should simply be ignored, just like all the major religions.

there will always be people who talk a lot of bull$hit. televangelists, mullahs, priests, used car sales people...but look, its 2002 for f�ck's sake.

the trick is to keep them from positions of power (i.e. politics, the law, military, police). once that is accomplished, they'll be marginalized just like the flat earthers...

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 02:20 PM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:

For the record, the Bible promotes Slavery in several places, as well as "stoning" Gays and non-believers.
Actually the Bible talks about that yes. Christianity however does not teach that.

Religous books are outdated. Any religous person (who isn't twisted) knows that.
LOL so if us Bible folk don't agree with you, we are twisted? How bigoted is that? The Constitution is outdated, lets get rid of it too!

The Bible has to do with today, and it did 2,000 years ago.

Muslems take their literature only so serious, and same with normal christians.
Most Christians I know take the Bible seriously. As so it should be. Are you calling people who do this abnormal?

You don't see the Pope having a "stone gays day" do you?
No because Christianity doesn't teach that. Christ replaced that.
[quote]
You don't see him encouraging all christians to have slaves because the bible allows it!
[quote]

The Bible allows it?

Why? It's a book. It's not the faith. It's suggestions for how to live your life. You have to choose what's right.

And that crosses all religous lines.
It's a book about a way of life. And yes, Christians are supposed to take it literally.

Perhaps it's the intolerance of others that led the world towards this situation?
You mean like your post above? It's easy for people to point out other people's intolerances for some reason, but not their own.
( Last edited by Zimphire; Oct 4, 2002 at 02:33 PM. )

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 02:22 PM

If I reacll correctly, David Koresh was that Waco nut. If I also recall correctly, he never attacked 3000 innocent people in the name of God, and I don't know if he was Christian. I thought he was following the Islam faith (well maybe not).
No, Koresh raped little girls in the name of God. And caused the deaths of most of his followers (with considerable help) in the name of God. Learn NOW. Find out about Koresh. No time like the present. Then come back and tell us what you think.

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 02:23 PM

"Is Falwell a disgrace to America?"
Falwell is simply a disgrace.

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 02:23 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:51 AM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 02:28 PM

I don't know if he thought, and don't care. He didn't kill 3000 innocent people in the name of God. If I recall, the storm tropper, Janet Reno, killed Koresh because he owned some guns.
Koresh was a nut that came from the cult of Joseph Smith,

He used his bible knowledge to gain pussy. He like Clinton, wanted to be a rock star, and wanted to get this status by any means. The Koreshians death are just as much of a fault on David, and it was Janet's.

Both were trying to make a name for themselves.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 02:28 PM

I don't know if he thought, and don't care. He didn't kill 3000 innocent people in the name of God. If I recall, the storm tropper, Janet Reno, killed Koresh because he owned some guns.
OK. That is just plain wrong. Now you're just frolicking gloriously in lack of knowledge. And seem to be proud of it.
I'll refer you to Zimphire's post as a place to start learning about the incident.

macvillage.net  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 02:31 PM

Yea, someone with knowledge of religon!

Appended to make it understandable:
Actually the Bible talks about that yes. Christianity however does not teach that.

LOL so if us Bible folk don't agree with you, we are twisted? How bigoted is that? The Constitution is outdated, lets get rid of it too!
You yourself said "Christianity does not teach that." If you take the bible literally from cover to cover, it does teach you that. Revelations itself can be taken that way, or possibly more towards Falwells distored view of islam.

Most Christians I know take the Bible seriously. As so it should be. Are you calling people who do this abnormal?
How many still own slaves? How many stone any gay or non-christian they know? How many have you?

Seriously, yes, it should be taken seriously, and that's not what was meant by my statements above. If you read with in context of the discussion, my point was that these stories are intended to deliver messages on how to live your life respectibly. They aren't always direct. Many times they are an underlying message. Many times they require prior knowledge.

No because Christianity doesn't teach that. Christ replaced that.
Read the New testiment. If you take it literally it is very different from reading it as a christian with a bias. I agree that is't not part of christian teaching. But if you took it word for word as a legal document, you would have a slave typing this post for you while your out stoning a homosexual and whipping a Jew.

deekay1
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 02:35 PM

except that today isn't 2000 years ago...

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 02:37 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:53 AM. )

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 02:40 PM

this is scaught reporting for the macnn lounge gazette.

rescuers today are trying to ascend the depths of this giant hole which madmacs has found himself at the bottom of. one of the rescuers was quoted as saying "i got no idea if enough rope exists in the western hemisphere to get this boy out of the hole he done dug himself into. damn"

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 02:41 PM

No, let's get back to Islam and Koresh.
The KKK thing is irrelevant and certainly no worse an allegation than your own.
Falwell displays, IMO, intolerance- a hallmark of these groups. Is he violent? Not to my knowledge. No. He uses a far more insidious weapon- the pulpit.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 02:43 PM

just has to be said: scaught, you- quite simply -rock.
Humor in, humor out!

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 02:43 PM

Yea, someone with knowledge of religon!

Appended to make it understandable:
It was understandable from the get go... but ok.

You yourself said "Christianity does not teach that." If you take the bible literally from cover to cover, it does teach you that.
No, if you take the Bible literally from cover to cover you will see that Christianity DOESN'T teach that.

Revelations itself can be taken that way, or possibly more towards Falwells distored view of islam.

Revelations can be taken many ways. I also believe Islam will be a important part of it. Does that mean I think all Islamic people are evil? No.
How many still own slaves? How many stone any gay or non-christian they know? How many have you?
Christianity never taught such a thing. As a matter of fact Jesus said those who are sinless to cast the first stone. Again, Christianity doesn't teach it. The Bible never claims it does. Even when taken literally.

Seriously, yes, it should be taken seriously, and that's not what was meant by my statements above. If you read with in context of the discussion, my point was that these stories are intended to deliver messages on how to live your life respectibly. They aren't always direct. Many times they are an underlying message. Many times they require prior knowledge.
I wasn't taking anything out of context. You were claiming anyone that took the Bible literally were twisted or not normal, and that the Bible was outdated. Now you are trying to back peddle. You was doing the very same thing you complained about Fallwell doing. Taking a group of people and giving them false labels as to how YOU see things. I noticed you left out a good bit of my reply to you to save face.

But that is ok, I am sure Jerry forgives you

Read the New testiment. If you take it literally it is very different from reading it as a christian with a bias.
Christian with a bias? What bias would that be. The NT is supposed to be taken literally.

I agree that is't not part of christian teaching. But if you took it word for word as a legal document, you would have a slave typing this post for you while your out stoning a homosexual and whipping a Jew.
No you wouldn't. Again you are taking something you don't understand and trying to rationalize it in a bizarro way. The very same thing you are bitching about Fallwell doing.

macvillage.net  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 02:44 PM

Let's get back to this atrocious, libelous and unfounded statements about Falwell being a member of the KKK.

You see, I don't know if this is correct or not, but I believe that it is a LIE.

If this is a lie, YOU are the most hipocrytical person to make up these lies.
Read above, read his website, compaire to the KKK.

If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, smells like a cooked duck when in the oven... it's a duck.

He has the *exact* same beliefs, and often speaks on the same topics the KKK is vocal about. He has been spotted many times preaching right before a rally.... what else is needed?

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by deekay1:

except that today isn't 2000 years ago...
Did I say it was? Nope.

I said it has just as much to do with today as it did 2,000 years ago.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by maxelson:
No, let's get back to Islam and Koresh.
The KKK thing is irrelevant and certainly no worse an allegation than your own.
Falwell displays, IMO, intolerance- a hallmark of these groups. Is he violent? Not to my knowledge. No. He uses a far more insidious weapon- the pulpit.
I see more intolerance in this thread than anything Fallwell said this latest time.

Typical of this forum.

How ironic is preaching against intolerance with intolerance?

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 02:45 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:53 AM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 02:47 PM

Read above, read his website, compaire to the KKK.

If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, smells like a cooked duck when in the oven... it's a duck.

He has the *exact* same beliefs, and often speaks on the same topics the KKK is vocal about. He has been spotted many times preaching right before a rally.... what else is needed?
ROFL!

Are you being serious?

And you complain about Fallwell

Pot, kettle, black.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 02:51 PM

I see more intolerance in this thread than anything Fallwell said this latest time.

Typical of this forum.

How ironic is preaching against intolerance with intolerance?
Explain.

Kitschy
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 02:53 PM

After reading the article, it appears that Falwell is stating his opinion about Mohammed. Just as some of you are stating your opinion that the God of the Bible is a terrorist. As a Christian, I'm not going to accuse those who call my God a terrorist of being "off their rockers." But, it seems that's exactly what you want me to call those who accuse Mohammed of that. Talk about being a hypocrite.

I find it interesting how so many are so quick to praise Islam while at the same time putting down Christianity. To me, it's sad.

In any case, God Bless America and Freedom of Speech.�

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 02:54 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:54 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules