Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Is Falwell a discrace to America?

Is Falwell a discrace to America? (Page 2)
macvillage.net  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by Kitschy:
After reading the article, it appears that Falwell is stating his opinion about Mohammed. Just as some of you are stating your opinion that the God of the Bible is a terrorist. As a Christian, I'm not going to accuse those who call my God a terrorist of being "off their rockers." But, it seems that's exactly what you want me to call those who accuse Mohammed of that. Talk about being a hypocrite.

I find it interesting how so many are so quick to praise Islam while at the same time putting down Christianity. To me, it's sad.

In any case, God Bless America and Freedom of Speech.�
Funny you should say that considering how closely Islam is related to Christianity. By calling Islams core beliefs terrorism, in a sense, it's all going back to the same God (capital 'G' is intentional).

Perhaps tolerance is what should be preaced? Granted that is considered a sin if you are Christian, Jew, or Muslem and you "take your religon seriously".

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by maxelson:

Explain.
I see allot of intolerance coming from this thread preaching tolerance.

it's ironic.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 03:02 PM

After reading the article, it appears that Falwell is stating his opinion about Mohammed. Just as some of you are stating your opinion that the God of the Bible is a terrorist. As a Christian, I'm not going to accuse those who call my God a terrorist of being "off their rockers." But, it seems that's exactly what you want me to call those who accuse Mohammed of that. Talk about being a hypocrite.

I find it interesting how so many are so quick to praise Islam while at the same time putting down Christianity. To me, it's sad.

In any case, God Bless America and Freedom of Speech.�
Exactly. Too bad this happens far too often in this forum.

I don't see how people DON'T see it before they post their tripe.

macvillage.net  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 03:03 PM

Originally posted by MadMacs:

I haven't read Falwell site or any KKK site or want to. I am just sick and tired of you jerks making atrocious, libelous and unfounded lies about Christians.

I'm not even sure who Falwell is, I read the story and I believe you are a liar.

Your quacking.
Wow, that's a mouth (or bill) full.

1. The KKK is a Christan organization, hence "unfounded lies about Christians" is completely unfounded. Ironic isn't it?

2. If you don't know "who Falwell is"... then WTF are you doing commenting?

3. Do some research on the basics of a few religions or else join number 1, since they will understand you... or maybe not, because you don't even know about their beliefs.

Study religon for just a few hours and learn they all beleve the same things, and have the same moral/ethic standings. The only thing that changes are the customs. Kind of people claim that the Muslem are evil and have a false god, when they believe in the same God.

Edit Grammar & last statement

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:

Funny you should say that considering how closely Islam is related to Christianity. By calling Islams core beliefs terrorism, in a sense, it's all going back to the same God (capital 'G' is intentional).
It can be argued that they are not the same God. If you knowanything about spirituality and those who mimmick it

Perhaps tolerance is what should be preaced? Granted that is considered a sin if you are Christian, Jew, or Muslem and you "take your religon seriously".
The only thing that Christians have a intolerance for is sin. The old Love the sinner, hate the sin idea.

Some people see hating the sin as being intolerant to the sinner though. Which it isn't.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 03:07 PM

FInd OUT about Falwell, and THEN make a judgement call. THAT is what is being asked of you. Why do you refuse?

Side note: Let's say Omar makes a statement on Al- Jazeer. "Jesus was a terrorist". What's your comment then?

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:56 AM. )

Zimphire
Baninated

Wow, that's a mouth (or bill) full.

1. The KKK is a Christan organization, hence "unfounded lies about Christians" is completely unfounded.
Maybe in a worldly sense. Christians don't place themselves in the line of the KKK, the KKK teaches things that go against Christianity. So they aren't really Christians. Christianity is a way of life. Not a label.

deekay1
Mac Elite

I find it interesting how so many are so quick to praise Islam while at the same time putting down Christianity.
who is praising islam here?

and, btw, i find it also amusing how you automatically associate the us with free speech�! laughable...

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

macvillage.net  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 03:08 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Some people see hating the sin as being intolerant to the sinner though. Which it isn't.
And another religon/belief/sexual orientation/politcal belief is a sin, hence intolerance.

It's a circle.

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 03:10 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:57 AM. )

Kitschy
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 03:10 PM

Two things:

If Christianity and Islam are so closely related, then why all the tolerance of Islamist radicals (i.e.: airplane hijackers) and the hatred towards Christian radicals (i.e.: Falwell [although I don't know if I'd label him as radical])? If they're both the same core beliefs then why don't we embrace Christianity too?

Secondly, I believe tolerance should be [i]preached.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 03:12 PM

And another religon/belief/sexual orientation/politcal belief is a sin, hence intolerance.

It's a circle.
Er the act or sin is. If the person is rebelling against God (The original sin) than that rebellion is frowned upon, not the person.

Intolerance to sin, not the person. The Christian STILL loves the person.

Jesus never hated the prostitutes or what have you, just the sin the committed.

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 03:16 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:58 AM. )

macvillage.net  (op)
Addicted to MacNN

Maybe in a worldly sense. Christians don't place themselves in the line of the KKK, the KKK teaches things that go against Christianity. So they aren't really Christians. Christianity is a way of life. Not a label.
KKK Al-Queda
____________ = ____________
Christianity Islam

Could it be?

And as far as the KKK Falwell issue goes... just look at the facts and make a judgement.

If you want to believe that 9/11 was committed by the Jews as well, go ahead. I would rather just believe what I see before my eyes.

Zimphire
Baninated

I read the story, and I find the statments made by the creator of this thread to be false.

I don't need to be sucked into his lies. That's all he does is lie. He made potential false statements about Falwell and the KKK.

STOP THE LIES.

MAKE A FULL RETRACTION AND ONLY MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT SPECIFIC DETAILS IN THE STORY.
I also find it ironic that the post was doing exactly what he was bitching about Fallwell doing.

People need to stop and think before posting before having to retract the foot from the mouth.

Silly people will attack Fallwell for this, but yet find no problems with lumping him in with the KKK.

Sillyness.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 03:17 PM

I read the story, and I find the statments made by the creator of this thread to be false.

I don't need to be sucked into his lies. That's all he does is lie. He made potential false statements about Falwell and the KKK.

STOP THE LIES.

MAKE A FULL RETRACTION AND ONLY MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT SPECIFIC DETAILS IN THE STORY.
Go BEYOND the story here. macvillage is supporting his statement. All you are saying is you think he is lying. So, BACK IT UP. GO. LEARN. ABOUT. FALWELL. Right now, you have NO reason to believe he is lying. None. Base your refutation on something besides your admitted lack of knowledge on the topic.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by maxelson:

Go BEYOND the story here. macvillage is supporting his statement. All you are saying is you think he is lying. So, BACK IT UP. GO. LEARN. ABOUT. FALWELL. Right now, you have NO reason to believe he is lying. None. Base your refutation on something besides your admitted lack of knowledge on the topic.
I think the original author of the thread was knee-jerking. And while doing so, got his foot stuck in his own mouth with all the hypocricy.

Saying Fallwell is KKK is no different that doing what Fallwell did. But yet HE IS EVIL!

The irony.

macvillage.net  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 03:20 PM

So now you are saying that all Christians are members of the KKK?

So now you are saying just because Falwell is a Christian, he's a member of the KKK?

You are sick.
Well good job twisting static text arround.

Lets break this down for bigot's to understand:

KKK is a christian organization, only christians are welcome, they beleive in what they claim is a "christian ideal". Working for a "Christ like America"

Falwell fits the requirements to join. His beliefs are *exactly* the same as theirs. They often overlap. He often appears along side them.

All christians (INCLUDING MYSELF AS STATED EARLIER RETARD) being part of the KKK is a bit dumb even for you.

Hooked on phoenix worked for me!

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2002, 03:24 PM

Er the act or sin is. If the person is rebelling against God (The original sin) than that rebellion is frowned upon, not the person.

Intolerance to sin, not the person. The Christian STILL loves the person.

Jesus never hated the prostitutes or what have you, just the sin the committed.
Zimph, if there's one thing I've learned about these forums, it's to drop the subject of "love the sinner, hate the sin" whenever it comes up. Drop it right then, because there's no arguing on that one.

Those six words are ones that I live by. Given my circle of friends, I'd go nuts if I didn't. And it's not an easy thing to do. But that's the problem. Most who try to do it -to separate what a person does from who a person is- fail miserably, and you get creeps like Falwell as a result of that. It's such a difficult thing to live by, most people don't even believe it's possible. And there will be no convincing them otherwise. Even if you try you'll sound condescending to them, and that'll only make them even madder.

So just lay off this one. You'll never make them understand; they'll have to come to it themselves someday. I had to do that, and I'd be willing to bet you did too. And so it will probably be for them; this is one of those things that just can't be communicated well.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 03:27 PM

Well good job twisting static text arround.

Lets break this down for bigot's to understand:

KKK is a christian organization, only christians are welcome, they beleive in what they claim is a "christian ideal". Working for a "Christ like America"
So If I started a club that only Democrats are allowed in, but teach things that democrats are against like say pro-life, or teach that Bush is a good pres wouldn't that be silly? It wouldn't make me a democrat, it would just be me labling myself that? It wouldn't make me a democrat anymore than Bush is.

Falwell fits the requirements to join. His beliefs are *exactly* the same as theirs. They often overlap. He often appears along side them.

But they aren't. I know of Fallwell's beliefes even though I don't agree with them at all, they are not the same as the KKKs. You are doing exactly what you complain that Fallwell is doing.

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 03:32 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:58 AM. )

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN

I think the original author of the thread was knee-jerking. And while doing so, got his foot stuck in his own mouth with all the hypocricy.

Saying Fallwell is KKK is no different that doing what Fallwell did. But yet HE IS EVIL!

The irony.
OK. Look. I personally do noty believe he is a member of the KKK. I only equate his views with theirs in that I feel he is extreme.
It is also my belief that the sinner commits the sin and must therefore bear responsibility. WHether or not that is in line with your views, well, that's your and mine and not really important (this is all feebly put- I do not find your views un important).
You seem to think (SEEM to) that I have a problem with his brand of Christianity. I do not. I take issue with his ramblings which, while protected, are irresponsible.
Why is it different when I say as to when Falwell says it? I have no following. Not to many folks take my word as wrote or inspired by God or as an authority. People DO take his words for these. It is a callous statement to make and you know as well as I that the last thing we need right now is for MORE folks to create a bubble of evil around Islam. Last thing we need is more (ironic or not) intolerance. THIS is the root of my argument. His statement will increase the conflict.
I believe Falwell's distortion of the Bible and Christianity is criminal and serves NO ONE. It only throws MORE gasoline onto the fire.
Do YOU use thePulpit to cast shadows on others? I do not think you do.
Do you see what I am saying? I know it was rambly, but I am multitasking here so let me know if I need to clarify.

Zimphire
Baninated

Originally posted by Millennium:

Zimph, if there's one thing I've learned about these forums, it's to drop the subject of "love the sinner, hate the sin" whenever it comes up. Drop it right then, because there's no arguing on that one.
What do you mean there is no arguing it?

Those six words are ones that I live by. Given my circle of friends, I'd go nuts if I didn't. And it's not an easy thing to do. But that's the problem. Most who try to do it -to separate what a person does from who a person is- fail miserably, and you get creeps like Falwell as a result of that. It's such a difficult thing to live by, most people don't even believe it's possible. And there will be no convincing them otherwise. Even if you try you'll sound condescending to them, and that'll only make them even madder.
So? I was just showing them what Christians are SUPPOSED to believe, not what they think they are. Christians are not a group of hate mongerers that hate anything that disagrees with them. Just showing them the difference between hating the person, and hating the sin. Allot of people seems to purposably or not mix the two up as meaning the same. They are not. No matter how much silly rationalizations they go through.

So just lay off this one. You'll never make them understand; they'll have to come to it themselves someday. I had to do that, and I'd be willing to bet you did too. And so it will probably be for them; this is one of those things that just can't be communicated well.
I don't know about you, but If I din't understand it, I try to make attempt. I am not going to dumb down my posts just because we have a few people in here that WONT ever get it because of their silly hatred towareds Christians.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 03:40 PM

I don't want to find out about Falwell or Islamic trash. I just want people to stop making up lies.

I am under the impression that he has grouped all Christians as members of the KKK. I take this as an attack on everyone that claims to be a Christian.

I also suspect that legal action could be taken against people who make false statements made against non political figures. I may be wrong, but I don't believe Falwell is a Congressman or Senator.
How do you know they are lies?
Don't be obtuse. He has not lumped Christians in with the KKK. He is saying:
All KKK members call themselves Christians. WHich does not mean all CHristians are KKK members. He is drawing correlations, flawed or not. You are just making assumptions based on... what? You still have not said.

And yes, I believe you are incorrect. macvillage can't be sued for this. If he said so on TV or in the paper, yeah, maybe. But not here, I don't think. Falwell would have to prove he was harmed by it. How would he be harmed by it. Were you on the verge of joining his church or pledging your life savings?
As if there were not enough silly lawsuits.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 03:42 PM

"I don't know about you, but If I din't understand it, I try to make attempt. I am not going to dumb down my posts just because we have a few people in here that WONT ever get it because of their silly hatred towareds Christians."
Judge not...
Seriously. Don't make these assumptions.
The context here is Falwell and Islam. NOT Christianity as a whole. Not your brand, not Falwell's.

deekay1
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 03:44 PM

I also suspect that legal action could be taken against people who make false statements made against non political figures. I may be wrong, but I don't believe Falwell is a Congressman or Senator.
jerry falwell is an intolerant gay hating fat f�cking fascist jeeezus nazi!

there, sue me!

freedom of speech� 4 evah!

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 03:45 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 03:59 AM. )

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 03:47 PM

Excuse me? I believe he made the claim that Falwell was a member of the KKK. That statment, if false, could be considered libelous.
OK. LAST time. HOW. DO. YOU. KNOW. IT. IS. FALSE.

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 03:49 PM

Whether or not Falwell is in the KKK is irrelevant. He is still a bigot

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 04:15 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 04:00 AM. )

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 04:19 PM

And I believe that those that make false statments, lies and call Falwell a bigot, are also bigots.
Did you just call me a bigot?

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 04:20 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 04:00 AM. )

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 04:22 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 04:01 AM. )

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 04:26 PM

If you had read the previous posts, you will see that I never claimed if I knew.

I believe that the biggoted (I need to look that word up in the dictionary, to see what it means) people that tries to group Christians in with the KKK are the real bigots.
Let the record show that I never called Falwell a KKK member. He is a bigot because he made inflammatory statements about another cultures religious icon, because he truly believes that Christianity is the only true faith. He is intolerant of other faiths and he slanders them. He is a bigot.

MadMacs you have stated twice now that you don't know what the hell you are talking about. First it was who Falwell is, now you state that you don't know what "bigot" means. And yet you counter these remarks with your own retorts. Give it up, you are just making intelligent discourse impossible.

jcadam
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 04:29 PM

I agree with much of what Falwell says (With a few exceptions, such as the whole teletubbies thing. He is too easily 'freaked out').

I do think he is completely tactless and quick to make accusations, often without proof.

I personally don't like him (I won't be sending my son to Falwell's Liberty University). But I would believe he is a Christian, albeit a somewhat misguided one.

The whole pissing contest he got into with Larry Flynt was rather amusing (if Falwell had ignored his insults, Flynt probably would have lost interest in harassing him).

My assessment: He's just emotionally unstable/immature more than anything else. He's the right-wing version of Jesse Jackson (though less skilled in the arts of extortion and mob-politics).
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 04:31 PM

If you had read the previous posts, you will see that I never claimed if I knew.

I believe that the biggoted (I need to look that word up in the dictionary, to see what it means) people that tries to group Christians in with the KKK are the real bigots.
We covered that. He didn't.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 04:33 PM

Originally posted by jcadam:
I agree with much of what Falwell says (With a few exceptions, such as the whole teletubbies thing. He is too easily 'freaked out').

I do think he is completely tactless and quick to make accusations, often without proof.

I personally don't like him (I won't be sending my son to Falwell's Liberty University). But I would believe he is a Christian, albeit a somewhat misguided one.

The whole pissing contest he got into with Larry Flynt was rather amusing (if Falwell had ignored his insults, Flynt probably would have lost interest in harassing him).

My assessment: He's just emotionally unstable/immature more than anything else. He's the right-wing version of Jesse Jackson (though less skilled in the arts of extortion and mob-politics).
I can get behind that. Reasonable. Very reasonable. jcadam, you could give us all lessons in diplomacy.
Max out.
Have a good weekend, all.
I think I am going to try to stick to food threads for a while.

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 04:40 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 04:01 AM. )

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2002, 04:40 PM

What do you mean there is no arguing it?
I mean that it's pointless to argue something with someone who isn't open in the slightest to the possibility of it. Something I've learned from my dealings with people is that most believe that the concept of separating what a person does from who a person is, and basing one's feelings toward them solely on the latter, defies all logic. They don't see it as possible, simply by definition.

And for most people, they're correct. Falwell probably claims to "love the sinner, hate the sin" but one needs only look at his actions to see that this isn't true. And to be honest, most people who try it fail and end up like him. Yes, it's a stereotype that anyone who tries ends up like Falwell, but enough people actually do fail that the stereotype remains largely valid. And so, other people look at them and come to believe that "love the sinner, hate the sin" is a logical contradiction. It's an inductivist error, but an understandable one.

And so, when arguing about this with most people, you might as well be telling them that you've got a purple unicorn tied up in the backyard. You are telling them something that, by their logic, cannot possibly exist, and they can bring up plenty of examples to support their claim. That is not, in and of itself, enough to prove your claims false, but it's good enough for most people to accept.

There's no point in arguing unless both participants have an earnest desire to debate and are open to the possibility of change resulting from the argument. And "love the sinner, hate the sin" very seldom fulfills those conditions.
So? I was just showing them what Christians are SUPPOSED to believe, not what they think they are.
I reiterate: most people think "love the sinner, hate the sin" is some kind of code for "love those who agree with you, hate everyone else".

Look at Ca$h, for crying out loud. How many of us have been trying to calmly explain things about the Bible that he doesn't seem to understand, but he refuses to even consider the possibility that he might not understand it perfectly. There's no real point in arguing with him, though it can be fun, I will admit.
Christians are not a group of hate mongerers that hate anything that disagrees with them.
I know that. You know that. Unfortunately, the examples most people see of "Christianity" (or rather, fools who claim to follow Christianity) don't paint a very good picture of us. When my friends introduce me to their own friends, the subject of my religion is something I dread. Because when they find out, I invariably find my other friends quickly pointing out "Don't worry; he's one of 'those nice Christians'". No amount of arguing on my part would keep their respect; I have to be justified to them by an outside party.

Is that right? Hell no. But it's the reality of the current situation. If you want to change the game, you're going to have to start by playing it.
Just showing them the difference between hating the person, and hating the sin. Allot of people seems to purposably or not mix the two up as meaning the same. They are not. No matter how much silly rationalizations they go through. .
You've hit the nail on the head here. Except to them, it isn't so silly. To them, we are the ones going through silly rationalizations. You won't be convinced that differentiation isn't possible. Likewise, they won't be convinced that it is possible, unless they make the leap themselves.
I don't know about you, but If I din't understand it, I try to make attempt. I am not going to dumb down my posts just because we have a few people in here that WONT ever get it because of their silly hatred towareds Christians.
Yes, but you need to learn to pick your battles. This is one that, I am afraid, is pointless to fight. Let them think what they will. Someday, perhaps they'll come around. Or they might not. I'm not sure how much it matters.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2002, 04:44 PM

Now to top that off, you may be wrong. Falwell may not be a bigot after all. He himself made the follwing statement:

"I've said often and many places that most Muslims are people of peace and want peace and tranquility for their families and abhor terrorism," Falwell said. "Islam, like most faiths, has a fringe of radicals who carry on bloodshed wherever they are. They do not represent Islam."

It appears to me that he is tolerant of other religions, but I does not approve of the radicals who kill in the name of God.
Someone get this guy links to a few of Falwell's speeches, and perhaps a few other choice articles.

Look. Everyone here knows what Falwell says. You say you don't know much about the guy; I suppose that's understandable. Maybe once you see what he's done, even while saying the things he's said, you'll change your mind. Like my sig says, you've read his song; now you need to hear his music.

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 04:50 PM

All right *******, I looked it up:

1) One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

2) a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own

3) A person who is religiously attached to a particular computer, language, operating system, editor, or other tool (see religious issues). Usually found with a specifier; thus, "Cray bigot", "ITS bigot", "APL bigot", "VMS bigot", "Berkeley bigot". Real bigots can be distinguished from mere partisans or zealots by the fact that they refuse to learn alternatives even when the march of time and/or technology is threatening to obsolete the favoured tool. It is truly said "You can tell a bigot, but you can't tell him much." Compare weenie.

Now to top that off, you may be wrong. Falwell may not be a bigot after all. He himself made the follwing statement:

"I've said often and many places that most Muslims are people of peace and want peace and tranquility for their families and abhor terrorism," Falwell said. "Islam, like most faiths, has a fringe of radicals who carry on bloodshed wherever they are. They do not represent Islam."

It appears to me that he is tolerant of other religions, but I does not approve of the radicals who kill in the name of God.
Now you're calling me a *******? WTF?

It appears to you that Falwell is tolerant? What the hell are you on about? If Falwell didn't want to classify Islam with the group of terrorists from all faiths, then why did he bring up Islam to begin with? Why no just leave it at religious radicals?

Also, he made a rather biased statement that Muhammed was a terrorist and that Jesus was the exact opposite. I need to do a little more research on both persons but at first glance, this statement is full of ignorance.

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 04:54 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 04:02 AM. )

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2002, 05:01 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 04:03 AM. )

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2002, 05:11 PM

Excuse me: what does this sentense say?

"Islam, like most faiths, has a fringe of radicals who carry on bloodshed wherever they are. They do not represent Islam."

Maybe I need to repeat it for you
That was really unneccesary and rude, but anyhow, I know exactly what that statment says..

Does this statement clear Falwell of any accusations of intolerance or bigotry?

The answer is no. He is a bigot.

macvillage.net  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 05:16 PM

What is your problem. I don't care about Falwell or want to know about him.

My argument is that the comments made in the orginal post may be wrong.

The potential slanderous statments made in that post may be libelous.

I got the impression that the person that posted that has came back with the argument that Falwell is a member of the KKK, because he is a Christian.

ALL I ASKED WAS FOR HIM TO PROVE HIS CLAIMS OR RETRACT THEM.

I can't possibly dumb my evidence down enough for you. I already posted it several times.

Read his site, his speaches, beliefs
Read the KKK

They match

Then look at his appearances and the KKK

They often match

Then look how he often comes to their defense when people talk about him, them and biggotry.

Any Christian who isn't in the KKK, makes sure to keep their distance. The KKK is about a christian as Terrorism is to Islam. I have stated that several times as well.

If he wasn't affiliated, he would have kept a distance. The fact that he is their knight in shining armor.

The KKK goes beyond white sheets. It's a way of life, and beliefs.

Christians have ostracized them. He clearly hasn't.

Teachings are the same

Ideology is the same

If you don't want to believe it go ahead.

Do the world a favor:

Clue yourself in before you harm others.

As someone else stated earlier. He fuels the fire of hatred in America.

Amazing how both he and the KKK were the only ones critizing the worlds reaction to the Matthew Shepard case? Hmm....

If there was some evidence showing him to be like any other christian, separate from the KKK, then maybe I would have to consider modifying my first post.

But then again, you don't even know who he is!

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2002, 05:32 PM

YASRT
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 05:33 PM

Judge not...
Wasn't judging..
Seriously. Don't make these assumptions.
What assumptions was that?
The context here is Falwell and Islam. NOT Christianity as a whole. Not your brand, not Falwell's.
Then why do people feel the need to being ALL of Christianity in this topic? I wasn't the one that started doing that. Why aren't you jumping all over the people that did it in the first place?

Whether or not Falwell is in the KKK is irrelevant. He is still a bigot
As everyone that has pretty much posted in this thread. Including you

OK. LAST time. HOW. DO. YOU. KNOW. IT. IS. FALSE.
Are you being serious? Because he has never claimed to be apart of the KKK, the fact he isn't a member of it, nor ever has been a member.

Let the record show that I never called Falwell a KKK member. He is a bigot because he made inflammatory statements about another cultures religious icon, because he truly believes that Christianity is the only true faith. He is intolerant of other faiths and he slanders them. He is a bigot.
And those of you that trash Christianity are also bigots. So it's ok for them to be bigots, but not Fallwell?

Most everyone I have known in my life were bigots. Including the people in this forum.

I can't possibly dumb my evidence down enough for you. I already posted it several times.

Read his site, his speaches, beliefs
Read the KKK

They match
No they don't. Fallwell doesn't teach one race is better than the other, he doesn't teach violence towards other races. Stop being silly

Then look how he often comes to their defense when people talk about him, them and biggotry.
I have never seen him come to the KKKs defense, or condoning their actions.
Any Christian who isn't in the KKK, makes sure to keep their distance. The KKK is about a christian as Terrorism is to Islam. I have stated that several times as well.

If he wasn't affiliated, he would have kept a distance. The fact that he is their knight in shining armor.
Stop being silly. He doesn't condone them he doesn't try to connect with them, he is not their knight and shining armor.
The KKK goes beyond white sheets. It's a way of life, and beliefs.

Christians have ostracized them. He clearly hasn't.
He clearly shouldn't HAVE TO. Not going against something IS NOT condoning it.
Teachings are the same

Ideology is the same

If you don't want to believe it go ahead.

Do the world a favor:

Clue yourself in before you harm others.

As someone else stated earlier. He fuels the fire of hatred in America.
Which is nonsense.
Amazing how both he and the KKK were the only ones critizing the worlds reaction to the Matthew Shepard case? Hmm....

If there was some evidence showing him to be like any other christian, separate from the KKK, then maybe I would have to consider modifying my first post.

But then again, you don't even know who he is!
You are being a bigot too. You are being the very man you hate.

Irony huh?

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 4, 2002, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by L'enfanTerrible:

That was really unneccesary and rude, but anyhow, I know exactly what that statment says..

Does this statement clear Falwell of any accusations of intolerance or bigotry?

The answer is no. He is a bigot.
I've seen enough biggoted posts by you to see the irony here. It's ok to be a biggot, as long as it's against Christianity!

El Pre$idente
Banned
Oct 4, 2002, 06:30 PM

Moses was a terrorist. Pharaoh No Name was also a terrorist.

Jesus was a terrorist. The Romans also were terrorists.

Muhammed was a terrorist. So was Rome even 600 years after Jesus.

Bin Ladin is a terrorist. Bush is also a terrorist.

Anyone who wants to impose his will or ideology on people is a terrorist.

Forum Links
Forum Rules