Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iPhoto question: can't E-mail

iPhoto question: can't E-mail
Toad
Oct 15, 2002, 08:24 AM

I just recently installed OS 10.2. Love it for the most part but I seem to have a problem with iPhoto:

I can't attatch the full digital photos uploaded to iPhoto to an E-mail. I only get a small 1kB version. Additionally iPhotos don't seem to want to open up in iMovie.

This isn't because I'm not a .Mac member is it? If it is, that's a crock of Sh*t!

Thanks,

Toad

Appleman
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2002, 09:07 AM

You have to look carefully for the originals, not the alias.

The alias is placed in your Picture Folder->iPhoto->Albums

while the originals typically are in the Picture Folder->iPhoto->2002->10 where 2002 is the year (if your Mac has the right date) and 10 the month (October).

What do you want to do with iMovie and pictures? or do you mean to make a movie of pics and then import the movie in iMovie? Don't think/know if this can be done.

Toad  (op)
Oct 15, 2002, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by Appleman:
You have to look carefully for the originals, not the alias.

The alias is placed in your Picture Folder->iPhoto->Albums

while the originals typically are in the Picture Folder->iPhoto->2002->10 where 2002 is the year (if your Mac has the right date) and 10 the month (October).

What do you want to do with iMovie and pictures? or do you mean to make a movie of pics and then import the movie in iMovie? Don't think/know if this can be done.

Thanks! I will try that.

MickS
Senior User
Oct 15, 2002, 01:43 PM

I'd leave the images inside the iPhoto library folder alone.

To send them via email use the Share->Mail option from inside iPhoto.

For anything else export the images you want to play with into a separate folder. Yes this creates another copy of your image but it does stop you accidentally doing something to your digital negative.

You've only got to delete one image that you wanted to see the benefit in doing this.

Appleman
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2002, 01:45 PM

Originally posted by MickS:
I'd leave the images inside the iPhoto library folder alone.

To send them via email use the Share->Mail option from inside iPhoto.

For anything else export the images you want to play with into a separate folder. Yes this creates another copy of your image but it does stop you accidentally doing something to your digital negative.

You've only got to delete one image that you wanted to see the benefit in doing this.
In an effort to be sure not to loose them, I burn them on a cd.

GJH
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2002, 01:53 PM

just drag the photo from your iphoto window to the desk top and assemble and burn the pictures from there..

GJH
There is only one direction....forward!

Forum Links
Forum Rules