Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > SONY ERICSSON T68i and Bluetooth

SONY ERICSSON T68i and Bluetooth
DNA man
Senior User
Jun 30, 2003, 12:20 PM

A PC friend loaned me his MSI pc-2-PC Bluetooth USB adaptor and to my surprise even though there is not mention of Mac in the MSI instructions, I can get my T68i to iSync with iCal with no problems.

Now, since the adaptor is on loan I have a couple to things I have tried to do, namely the SJ trick whereby some one rang him on his mobile and he "saw" the call and intercepted it on his Mac. Remember this was part of a keynote not so long ago. I have tried to emulated that part of the keynote but failed.
Can any one walk me through how to carry out that trick?

The other thing I was trying to do (since I only have dial-up at home) was to emulate the situation when I'm on-line (and using me land line) when some one tried to phone me. I can get my electronic Brit Telecom answer machine to give out my mobile number and I wondered if I could (if some one rang me on my mobile) get the callers info to display on my Mac via Bluetooth? Is this possible while using my modem?

With the manual that came with the Wintel MSI Bluetooth adaptor there appears to be several apps that allow you to upload photos or logos on to you BT enabled phone. Is there any Mac app that could do the same job? Especially something that could allow you to upload new melodies for your ringer or a nice Apple Mac icon etc.

Finally, one last question. Since I have to return the MSI Bluetooth adaptor can any one recommend good Mac friendly adaptor that might come with some extra software. Which brand of BT adaptor have you used and/ or no/ problems with.

Thanks in advance. BTW, I quite like this nifty Bluetooth way of communtication. Very simple.

mudzilla
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 30, 2003, 12:40 PM

to see whose dialling into your mobile and answer these calls or send sms messages, open up the Address Book app and click the Bluetooth icon.

Make sure your mobile is set to receive item or discoverable first.

Address Book then keeps up a bluetooth connection with your phone and anyone who calls appears on screen, pretty neat. i use it at work all day.
understand your lives are rubbish

motti
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2003, 03:46 PM

Did you make sure the phone numbers in the address book and the ones which appear on the mobile phone are the same, for example 004134xxx instead of +4134xxx ?

DNA man  (op)
Senior User
Jul 1, 2003, 06:12 PM

Originally posted by mudzilla:
to see whose dialling into your mobile and answer these calls or send sms messages, open up the Address Book app and click the Bluetooth icon.

Make sure your mobile is set to receive item or discoverable first.

Address Book then keeps up a bluetooth connection with your phone and anyone who calls appears on screen, pretty neat. i use it at work all day.
Cheers. I managed to finally get it to work. When you answer the called do you use the mic in you Mac and get the caller come through on your on board sound from your Mac?

Which Bluetooth adaptor do you use? Is it a D-link for example?

Thanks in advance.

DNA man  (op)
Senior User
Jul 1, 2003, 06:14 PM

Originally posted by motti:
Did you make sure the phone numbers in the address book and the ones which appear on the mobile phone are the same, for example 004134xxx instead of +4134xxx ?
Thanks for your input. I managed to get it to work but I shall note that the numbers in my address book should be the same as those of the caller to my mobile phone.

Thanks again.

mudzilla
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 2, 2003, 07:56 AM

Originally posted by DNA man:
Cheers. I managed to finally get it to work. When you answer the called do you use the mic in you Mac and get the caller come through on your on board sound from your Mac?

Which Bluetooth adaptor do you use? Is it a D-link for example?

Thanks in advance.
i use the D-Link adapter. when you click on answer, you have to pick up the phone. i don't have a bluetooth headset to try it out with unfortunately.

cheers
mud
understand your lives are rubbish

littlegreenspud
Senior User
Jul 3, 2003, 09:02 AM

To transfer pictures etc to/from your mac just use the 'Bluetooth File Exchange' app.

DNA man  (op)
Senior User
Jul 6, 2003, 07:46 AM

Originally posted by littlegreenspud:
To transfer pictures etc to/from your mac just use the 'Bluetooth File Exchange' app.
Cheers!

Forum Links
Forum Rules