Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > World War II Online

World War II Online
godzappa
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 5, 2001, 10:17 AM

So who else will be snapping up a copy of World War II Online when its released? I wonder if there are any Mac Squads already organized?

Does anyone know which publisher has the Mac distribution? The PC version is out tomorrow and all the site is saying is "the mac will not be availible until after the 6th" which isnt too helpful.
PowerMac G4 DP867 [DDR]
PowerMac G4 400 [Yikes]
15GB iPod 3G
iSight
2003 MINI Cooper

sanford
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2001, 11:37 AM

Cornered Rat is the developer for both PC and Mac version and looks like Strategy First will be the publisher for both versions. Indeed, I believe WWII Online was originally intended to be released as a hybrid CD.

mac freak
Mac Elite
Jun 6, 2001, 12:26 PM

WWII Online doesn't really do anything for me, so I won't be picking up a copy...

One online game I WILL be picking up a copy of when it's released is Shadowbane. Wow that game looks fun!

Of course, they Mac/PC release date is currently "2001." That's it. No more specific. That could mean December 31 at 11:59. Or it could mean the PC version on December 31, 2001 at 11:59, and the Mac version on December 31, 2807 at 11:59. We just don't know
Be happy.

Tristrami
Senior User
Jun 6, 2001, 01:10 PM

I'm all over this--Definately getting a copy. However, a) right now I can't find it anywhere b) IMG reports that there is a brief delay w/the Mac versionand c) unfortunately the system requirements are HUGE and I'm still on a PowerMac 5400. After MWNY, I'll have a G4 and would be happy to form a Mac Squadron, so long as Tommies & not Jerries (a bit of an apt Apple/Microsoft metaphor, dontcha think....)

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: Tristrami ]

hui
Aug 31, 2003, 12:11 PM

where can i find a copy of shadowbane?

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Aug 31, 2003, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by hui:
where can i find a copy of shadowbane?
wtf?
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

hui
Aug 31, 2003, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by voodoo:
wtf?
Since a person here mentioned that he will be getting Shadowbane, I was wondering where I can purchase shadowbane from.

a2daj
Mac Elite
Sep 2, 2003, 04:02 AM

Why not just start a new thread or look for a Shadowbane thread? Have you tried the Shadowbane website? Any place that sells PC games has a good chance of having Shadowbane.

Woehrle46
Sep 2, 2003, 04:42 PM

Originally posted by hui:
Since a person here mentioned that he will be getting Shadowbane, I was wondering where I can purchase shadowbane from.
Have you also noticed that this thread is two years old? Reviving 2 year old threads for topics they were not created for is probably not a good idea.
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Forum Links
Forum Rules