Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > OnGuard 3.3.1

OnGuard 3.3.1
shorton
May 8, 2000, 08:09 PM

Has anyone yet tried this with MacOS9 or 9.04? I find this product very useful in my situation, but haven't upgraded to OS9 where it's needed as it was considered incompatible. Thanks.

C1yd3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2000, 11:46 AM

We have attempted to use the new On Guard on a 9.0.4 machine and had some issues. After the first few startups, or restarts after installing OG we found that the computer gets stuck with the happy mac face. The only way to correct this was to replace the system. This, by the way, is the same problem we had with the last version of On Guard. Is anything really fixed here?

tak
May 10, 2000, 11:58 AM

I have used OnGuard 3.3.1 with OS 9.0.4 with no problems yet. I find it better than multiple users because the macs we have them for are single user Macs that need to be locked down in some way (no software installs and locks the system folder and some control panels) but you dont need to quit all Applications to log in as Admin.

nowindows
May 10, 2000, 12:27 PM

I have used the beta versions with Mac OS 9 and Mac OS 9.0.4. With the most recent beta version, I had no problems on my G3.

shorton  (op)
May 10, 2000, 09:33 PM

I took the plunge and installed OG on 3 machines with OS 9.0.4. NO PROBLEMS!! Works great.

Thanks.

To C1yd3 - there must be an issue with your machine somewhere. I have used OG with systems up to 8.6 (until today) with never any problems.

C1yd3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2000, 12:54 AM

I can tell you that we have had this problem on an entire SL iMac lab as well the PowerBook that I am typing this on right now. The lab and my PB were configured by different people with different software. I hope this is not some curse we have on our equipment. :-)
We are going to attempt some tests to see if we can nail this down to something.

Forum Links
Forum Rules