Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > 4Sale or PARTS: Apple Mac iBook G3 366, PB Lombard G3 400, PB Ti 800 ...

4Sale or PARTS: Apple Mac iBook G3 366, PB Lombard G3 400, PB Ti 800 ...
nghivdo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 10:27 PM

4Sale or PARTS: Apple Mac iBook G3 366, PB Lombard G3 400, PB Ti 800 ...
pics @ http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ngh...oo.com/nghivdo

*ALL THREE FOR $1,200.00* ...obo...
-The Lombard has broken hinges & a bad backside bus chip. I'd buy a aftermarket chip/bus card...maybe a g4 chip for it... the screen/LCD was replaced 2 years ago-very nice & bright. Overall, decent shape w/ good battery- was ALWAYS plugged in, still runs decently if not for the backside bus chip. 400 MHz, 128-384 Megs RAM negotiable (shares/or may split with the iBook), 6 GB harddrive, DVD/CD read, brand new "yoyo" style adapter.

-iBook looks good, runs perfect. Blue/White. 366 Mhz, 10 GB HD, see RAM above, CD read.

-Ti G4 book 800 MHz DVI is for parting out &/or minor repairs. Partially deconstructed, but have all parts. Body/ LCD are separated, but I can put them together if you want. Has been sanded down to raw material... Titanium finish with black plastic trim-- looks really cool! (see pics) *NEW hinges. *LCD needs a new video cable. Light scratches, but *NEW BACKLIGHT* so it's still good for a long time. 40 GB IBM HD, 1 GB RAM (Micron/Crucial-the best), DVD read/ CDRW combo drive, old battery, plus (OPTIONAL)for $50. BRAND new battery -1 month old, never ran unplugged, bought for $129.+Tax. Last PB to run OS 9. * The Logic Board MIGHT not be salvageable (???) It needs someone who can fix the BOARD-LEVEL soldering/mount point of the video cable (female end, on board.) If you can do that, all else inside runs well. Runs great now connected to an external display via the DVI or S-VIDEO. Could be used as a compact desktop replacement this way ( & it was for awhile.) Seems to keep up with our new PB 1.25 (less RAM--768) just fine ... pretty cool for a machine 1.5 years old! *THIS MACHINE RUNS WELL, JUST NOT READY TO TAKE OUT & ABOUT TO WORK YET !*

Your choice of OS 9 / OS X / both ...
Email me your needs/ offers.... Not desperate here, so let's be reasonable. (Just got some new machines, so these will help pay for 'em)
Prefer local pickup (San Francisco, CA) but will ship (you pay).
Thanks!
Neil
( Last edited by nghivdo; Apr 27, 2004 at 10:34 PM. )

X-Ray
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2004, 11:49 PM

How much for just the iBook. I'm interested.

Woehrle46
Apr 28, 2004, 04:44 PM

If you were going to part out the Lombard, how much for the screen?
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Forum Links
Forum Rules