Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > My PowerBook arrived! (Unwrapping pics) **WARNING 56k'ers**

My PowerBook arrived! (Unwrapping pics) **WARNING 56k'ers**
D3k61
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 9, 2005, 06:47 PM

Yeah, I know... taking pictures of the unwrapping process is geeky. No need to point that out

Specs:

1.67GHz 15"
1.5gb ram (will be 2gb's next week)
128mb vram
80gb drive
Combo drive (I have a firewire Plextor dvd burner)

I'm finally untethered from the computer desk!

Decker

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 9, 2005, 07:20 PM

amazing computer isn't it?

i was so excited when i was opening the box to my 15". nice one, i'm sure you're loving it.

NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 9, 2005, 07:22 PM

Is the champaign on the table specifically for this occasion?

Congrats!
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme

tracemhunter
Forum Regular
Sep 9, 2005, 08:20 PM

i remember opening my precious 15" as well. got my wisdom teeth out that morning and was at the apple store by lunch. youll love it.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 9, 2005, 08:24 PM

I really like picture #6. I'm sure the PowerBook will keep you busy, I mean for fun.

tcphoto
Sep 9, 2005, 08:29 PM

Add a Airport Extreme or Express and you'll be in heaven. There's nothing better than sitting in your favorite chair and checking emails.

D3k61  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 9, 2005, 08:30 PM

So far I'm loving the PowerBook. Being able to sit out on the deck and do my freelance work is a breath of fresh air (pun intended). I was using a dual 450 G4 tower for the last 5 years until today and wow, what a difference!

I feel a burning sensation on the top of my thighs after prolonged periods of "working" while streched out on the couch with the PB in my lap. Should I talk to a doctor? This baby does get hot.

ps. NateEssex: There is one less bottle on the table since those pictures were taken

Decker

D3k61  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 9, 2005, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by tcphoto
Add a Airport Extreme or Express and you'll be in heaven. There's nothing better than sitting in your favorite chair and checking emails.
Yeah I have Airport Extreme and a Linksys WRT54G... life is good

Decker

Dewaine
Sep 9, 2005, 09:03 PM

Congrats! I have a lowly 12" but love it. For the heat on your leg problem, I really like my iLap. Keeps the PB a lil' cooler, and me a lot more comfortable.

d.fine
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2005, 04:37 AM

Ah, the smell of a new PB... nothing like it. I remember opening mine for the first time... those were some good minutes..;

Congrats! Enjoy!

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2005, 04:47 AM

Congrats! Save the lining that is between the lid and the keys. It can be used to protect your PB from getting oils on it when closed.

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2005, 05:20 AM

We. Are. Freaks.

Congrats to your new PowerBook. Makes me wanna get one for me. And - as d.fine said - the smell is awesome, isn't it?

maCCer
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2005, 07:10 AM

they smells good!!!
There were once four people named Everybody, Somebody, Nobody and Anybody. Somebody had to do a job, but Nobody wanted to do it. Nobody could see that Anybody could do it, and Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Nobody ended up doing it, and it so happened that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

audiophilia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 10, 2005, 12:21 PM

Just received mine, too. Amazing! So happy. A Lambo after 10 years of driving a GM!
www.audiophilia.com
The Online Journal for the Serious Audiophile

www.e46toronto.ca
Canada's premier BMW forum

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2005, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by D3k61
So far I'm loving the PowerBook. Being able to sit out on the deck and do my freelance work is a breath of fresh air (pun intended). I was using a dual 450 G4 tower for the last 5 years until today and wow, what a difference!

I feel a burning sensation on the top of my thighs after prolonged periods of "working" while streched out on the couch with the PB in my lap. Should I talk to a doctor? This baby does get hot.

ps. NateEssex: There is one less bottle on the table since those pictures were taken

Decker
About the burning sensation you get, i was told it has been prooved that men especially should not use their laptops on their lap, due to the heat causing fertility problems... aparently
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

D3k61  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 10, 2005, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by harrisjamieh
About the burning sensation you get, i was told it has been prooved that men especially should not use their laptops on their lap, due to the heat causing fertility problems... aparently

Hmm, it's not really a laptop if you can't use it on your lap though is it. I'll probably end up getting an iLap as mentioned by Dewaine. I don't want to injure my "boys".

Decker

osxisfun
Sep 10, 2005, 05:36 PM

get a lapinator for the heat / lap problem you are having. they work great. but even it after a couple of hours will feel warm.

tis physics... i guess.

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2005, 01:28 PM

For some of us then, it could be a high-tech form of birth control.
"Mac Daddy" - 15" MBP, 2.2 GHz Core i7, 8GB, 750GB HDD
"Mommy Mac" - 13" Macbook, 2.4GHz C2D, 2GB, 160GB
"Baby Mac" - 15" PB, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB, 80GB
64GB iPod Touch (4th gen)

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2005, 03:17 PM

That blows!! I just checked out this article below. Is there a Macnn resident urologist to substantiate this?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/online/new...369644,00.html
( Last edited by Artful Dodger; Sep 12, 2005 at 01:21 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules