Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iTools E-Mail Client?

iTools E-Mail Client?
TATungseth
Jan 17, 2000, 08:53 PM

I'm just curious. During Steve Jobs' keynote announcement where he announced the iTools, he made specific reference at least a couple of times to the "fact" that the iTools e-mail client is "included" in the Mac OS.

However, that clearly does not appear to be the case, unless you assume that he meant Outlook Express.

Did Steve mean that Outlook Express is now the "default" Mac e-mail client? If so, it appears to me that he purposely didn't mention it, perhaps after some of the boos that he got when first mentioning Outlook Express.

Am I missing something, or is Outlook Express now the "default" Mac e-mail client?

wlonh
Professional Poster
Jan 18, 2000, 12:39 PM

you have it sussed.

OE is the default.

frankbendrick
Jan 18, 2000, 07:51 PM

Hi...

I have a problem someone may be able to help me with:

I have established an email account at mac.com and my email client is Claris Emailer. I have configured the client as instructed on iTools. When I have iTools forward my email from mac.com to another address, the email is forwarded without a hitch. However, when I attempt to access my email at mac.com via Claris Emailer, my client times out and gives me an error message.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

ender
Jan 30, 2000, 07:56 PM

Are you trying to check your e-mail with the mail forwarding turned on? If so, there won't be any e-mail waiting to be checked! Maybe there is a bug or something in Apple's mail server that causes errors when you try to check an account that has mail forwarding turned on? I also use Claris Emailer and have had to problems.

shorton
Feb 18, 2000, 12:41 PM

Do you have kidsafe installed and enabled? If so, be sure that you have email enabled via the Kidsafe website for your users.

Forum Links
Forum Rules