Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anyone in the UK listen to Chris Moyles on Radio 1 this morning?

Anyone in the UK listen to Chris Moyles on Radio 1 this morning?
engaged
Location: Close to the sea and a place with a big, big castle...
Mar 16, 2004, 05:44 AM

(In)famous radio presenter finds himself caught up in the Mac vs PC debate live on national radio! He got himself an iPod only to find that his iPod won't work with his old WIndows PC, so someone at Radio 1 suggests that he gets a Mac.

His sidekick 'Comedy' Dave suggests that he'd be better sticking to a PC as it'll be easier than learning how to use a Mac, as he's not particularly computer literate...

Anyone else hear it? (I only did by accident - normally listen to R4.)

Fozz_uk
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2004, 06:58 AM

I used to listen to Moyles in the afternoon about 2 years ago. I can't listen to him in the morning, I'm still asleep!

Anything has to be better than Sara Cox in the morning though...
Yadda, yadda, yadda...

MacBook | 2GHz C2D | 1GB | 120GB | 10.5.1 |

OB1
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2004, 07:32 AM

Originally posted by Fozz_uk:
I used to listen to Moyles in the afternoon about 2 years ago. I can't listen to him in the morning, I'm still asleep!

Anything has to be better than Sara Cox in the morning though...
But now we have to put up with her in the afternoons. Now Mark and Lard are leaving, daytime radio 1 will be very poor.

Chris Moyles was trumpeting his iPod purchase weeks ago. Now he's admitting he can't use it? He's as stupid as he is talentless.

Luckily, my iPod is working fine.

Nivag
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 07:41 AM

slight change of track but did any of you watch Never Mind the Buzzcocks last night?
When Mark Lamar said "the only thing he want to her at a funeral is scratching from Chris Moyles' coffin as it passes the curtains to be cremated and the vicar saying i didn't listen to you on the radio and i'm not listerning to you now!"

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2004, 09:04 AM

I used to listen to him in the afternoons.

Not up in time to listen to him at Breakfast - and Sarah Cox in the Afternoon and the loss of Mark and Lard have meant that my day-time R1 listening is now effectively over (except for Jo Whiley)

willed
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2004, 10:36 AM

Jo Whiley is the breakfast show if you're a student. Occasionally hear the last hour of Moyles, but not this morning. Cox is bloody annoying, shame she's on in the afternoon now. Colin and Edith are quite good and would prefer them to Mark and Lard who aren't really that funny.

Krypton
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by engaged:
(In)famous radio presenter finds himself caught up in the Mac vs PC debate live on national radio! He got himself an iPod only to find that his iPod won't work with his old WIndows PC, so someone at Radio 1 suggests that he gets a Mac.

His sidekick 'Comedy' Dave suggests that he'd be better sticking to a PC as it'll be easier than learning how to use a Mac, as he's not particularly computer literate...

Anyone else hear it? (I only did by accident - normally listen to R4.)
Yep, I heard this: "I've heard the phrase iTunes, well I've got no-tunes". Chris Moyles is an embarrassment to our country

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2004, 01:39 PM

You can hear it here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio...ml?r1moylestue

right-click the plug-in and choose "Open in RealPlayer" then skip forwards to 20mins.

Fozz_uk
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2004, 02:57 PM

Thanks for the link. Sounded like he was gonna buy a mac on that day (tuesday). Perhaps tomorrow (wednesday) he'll be spouting off about how he can't work the mac either...
Yadda, yadda, yadda...

MacBook | 2GHz C2D | 1GB | 120GB | 10.5.1 |

engaged  (op)
Location: Close to the sea and a place with a big, big castle...
Mar 16, 2004, 04:50 PM

Would having Chris Moyles become a Mac advocate necessarily be A Good Thing�..?!

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2004, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by willed:
Cox is bloody annoying, shame she's on in the afternoon now.
<sara cox rant>I reckon that Sara Cox must have something 'on' someone high up at Radio 1. She came from nowhere straight to the breakfast show ,R1 Dj's normally have to do some 'dead time' show first, like early breakfast (from some ungodly hour till 7am) or some weekend slot, not her. people turned off in droves.
So they move her to afternoons. She appears to have NO radio show skills (her entire show seams to consist of moronic 'concepts done to death' phone in quizzes and 'shouts'). Here voice is really irritating (and I come form the North West UK where she's form).
She hasn't the talent for local radio, I can never believe she's on a national.</sara cox rant>

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Mar 16, 2004, 09:49 PM

i missed it. i think it would be funny if he went and bought an iMac though, and went on about it all the time.

i'd rather be a pc user, than have to listen to sara cox. stupid annoying northern bint. she's not funny. she's got a perfect face for radio too.
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

Gee4orce
Professional Poster
Mar 17, 2004, 04:25 AM

The only person on Radio 1 worth listening to is Nemone - but you'll have to get up pretty early to catch her show. It finishes at 7 am :o

...but god, is it worth it. She has a voice made from 100% pure distilled sex. Not bad looking either.

Anyone know who won the race they were having ?

Colin and Edith aren't too bad, it you can bear the strong accents.

Sarah Cox should be shot. She even went to the news at 5:30 on monday - the news isn't on until 5:45

Gee4orce
Professional Poster
Mar 17, 2004, 04:28 AM

Originally posted by Mediaman_12:
<sara cox rant>I reckon that Sara Cox must have something 'on' someone high up at Radio 1. She came from nowhere straight to the breakfast show ,R1 Dj's normally have to do some 'dead time' show first, like early breakfast (from some ungodly hour till 7am) or some weekend slot, not her. people turned off in droves.
So they move her to afternoons. She appears to have NO radio show skills (her entire show seams to consist of moronic 'concepts done to death' phone in quizzes and 'shouts'). Here voice is really irritating (and I come form the North West UK where she's form).
She hasn't the talent for local radio, I can never believe she's on a national.</sara cox rant>
- and I'm a northerner too. She's either got dirt on the boss, or she's nobbin' him.

OB1
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 17, 2004, 04:57 AM

Originally posted by philzilla:
i'd rather be a pc user, than have to listen to sara cox. stupid annoying northern bint. she's not funny. she's got a perfect face for radio too.
dunno what you mean... I definitely would

Forum Links
Forum Rules