Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Anyone regret getting a iPod shuffle?

Anyone regret getting a iPod shuffle?
andretan
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 17, 2005, 11:13 PM

Looking forward to get my iPod shuffle 1GB soon.

Just wondering whether anyone bought one and is regretting his purchase.

I have not bought any MP3 player before, although I would prefer a bigger capacity iPod with the clickwheel.

Appreciate all sensible input.
mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
iBook R.I.P. 20 Nov 2002 - 2 Aug 2005
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

ender2002
Senior User
Jan 18, 2005, 12:19 AM

yeah. you made a good choice. dont worry. everything is going to be alright. yeah. shhhhhh.

feel better?

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2005, 12:23 AM

i regret still waiting for my gig'r to arrive. i would especially be upset if i happened walked into an apple store and see one sitting on the shelf

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2005, 01:04 AM

I do not have one, but I am contemplating regretting my purchase should I ever actually get one, which is likely never.
I, ASIMO.

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jan 18, 2005, 02:39 AM

nope. i got one for my mom, and have been playing with it for a few days now (i'm waiting on her to give me cd's to rip so i can sync her music onto it)... until she gets back to me with the cd's, i get to tinker with it. sorta makes me wanna trade in my full sized ipod.

money is the only reason why i'd keep it. i dont want to lose money on the sale, and spend more on another shuffle. besides, i'll most likely move onto a mini when the capacity raises up a few notches.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

andretan  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2005, 04:21 AM

Originally posted by ender2002:
yeah. you made a good choice. dont worry. everything is going to be alright. yeah. shhhhhh.

feel better?
FYI. I haven't ordered mine yet.

All the stores are outta stock OR sold out on their first batch OR have no idea when the new stock is coming in.
mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jan 18, 2005, 11:37 AM

I think if you know what you are buying... you will be pleasantly surprised.

engaged
Location: Close to the sea and a place with a big, big castle...
Jan 18, 2005, 01:58 PM

I don't know what the rest of the world is like, but in the UK the Shuffle isn't being doscoubted at all if you're a student; it's �99 at the Apple Store and the same at the Apple Store for Education...

Have some points worth about �25 earned on my credit card so will use them.

andretan  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2005, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by engaged:
I don't know what the rest of the world is like, but in the UK the Shuffle isn't being doscoubted at all if you're a student; it's �99 at the Apple Store and the same at the Apple Store for Education...

Have some points worth about �25 earned on my credit card so will use them.
Hmm. In Singapore, they initially had the education discount (about 6%) on the day of the Keynote, but the next day, they removed it.

*grumbles*

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jan 18, 2005, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by andretan:
Hmm. In Singapore, they initially had the education discount (about 6%) on the day of the Keynote, but the next day, they removed it.

*grumbles*
There is no discount in the USA.

andretan  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2005, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
There is no discount in the USA.
Across the entire iPod range or only the shuffle?

skipper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2005, 04:08 PM

There is an education discount for the US but it's only for the 1GB version. Apple takes off $10 to $139 for the 1GB. The 512mb version is still the normal $99. Hopefully they will start shipping those 1GBs soon.
12" Powerbook 1.33Ghz/768/60

bwahahax
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2005, 04:15 PM

In Canada there is an education discount on the 512MB version. But it's pretty small.

Normal Price: $129
Discounted Price: $128

Forum Links
Forum Rules